UPDATE INNOVATIONS GROUP LIMITED
Supplier of your Goods and Services
C. Human Resource
D. Additional / Other Duties
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the Assistant Accountant is responsible for undertaking all accounting and financial reporting, procurement and purchasing and human resource aspects of the Update Innovations Group Enterprises.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Manage the procurement and contract process including the initial request, bidding process, bidding analysis, contract award and execution, contract reporting
- Collaborate with the UIGL Management to ensure needs and scope are clearly identified and communicated throughout the procurement process
- Prepare Weekly, Monthly and Annual Budgets
- Undertake all purchasing transactions (including vendor purchases, travel requisitions, of UIGL to ensure compliance with internal guidelines.
- Review Daily, Weekly and Monthly reconciliations of various financial statements.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Assist in the completion of the year end external audit.
- Manage the Accounting System Microsoft Navision in compliance with ZRA accounting standards
- Submit Returns to ZRA/NAPSA/NHIMA etc
- Prepare Pay-roll for UIGL
- Receive and Account funds for UIGL
- Undertake Bank Reconciation
- Undertake Stock Taking
C. Additional / Other Duties
- Review current processes and collaborate with team members to implement more efficient and effective processes
- As assigned by the Director, this position may be required to assume other duties that are not listed in this document. Such activities align with the strategic priorities of UIGL
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Considerable multitasking with attention to detail and deadlines
- Working hours are irregular and extended due to meeting schedules and special functions
- High level of responsibility for accuracy of work
- Knowledge and Skill in Accounting Packages is a must
- Knowledge in eGovernment Bidding Process is an added advantage
- Working collaboratively and cross-departmentally
- Position located in Lusaka Ngwerere
- Diploma in Accountancy or Equivalent
- Member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountant
- A minimum of (2) two years’ experience in finance, procurement and/or accounting roles
Other Key Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Excellent time management, organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively review and report accurate financial information on a timely basis
- Proficient in the use of computer applications (Microsoft, Google Suite etc)
If you meet the requirements set herein Please submit a resume and cover letter addressed to the Director UIGL (Combined PDF) to [email protected] by May 10, 2023 at 4:00 PM