USAID DISCOVER - Health Project
JSI Research & Training Institute Limited
JSI Research and Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is public health organization that is committed to improving the health and well-being of underserved and vulnerable people and communities throughout the world, and to providing an environment where people of passion and commitment can pursue this cause. JSI seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and staff for its USAID DISCOVER-Health Project. USAID DISCOVER-Health aims to improve the lives of Zambians by ensuring equitable access to and use of high-quality HIV, maternal new-born and child health (MNCH), family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) services and products at the district and community levels. The project also supports the Government of Zambia (GRZ) efforts to address the global COVID-19 epidemic, including accelerating the national rollout and scale-up of COVID-19 vaccination. During the next three years the project is conducting a technical assistance role to the Ministry of Health (MOH) for the provision of integrated health services whilst assisting GRZ in COVID-19 activities as directed by donor USAID.
JSI USAID DISCOVER Health Project is recruiting for the following position:
Job Title: VMMC Counsellor (2 positions)
Location: Chingola (1); Kitwe (1)
Duration: Full time
Reports to: Hub Manager
The VMMC Counsellor will educate and counsel clients prior to the VMMC procedure. He provides high-quality counselling to eligible boys and men based on the minimum standards of service provision. He perform pre- and post-test counselling sessions according to national HIV testing services protocols in the context of VMMC counselling in a variety of settings.
- Ensures proper recording and confidential storage of all client results and intake information
- Adheres to Quality Assurance procedures according to national HTS guideline.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative strategies and solutions.
- Identifies operational needs for the site and reports to the site coordinator, as needed
- Assists clients in the creation of appropriate risk-reduction strategies and selection of appropriate community support through referrals.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase client satisfaction.
- Carries out any other duties assigned
- Participates in demand creation activities
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12
- Certificate/Diploma in Public health/Social Science (or equivalent experience) preferred
- Certificate in Psychosocial/ MC counselling training
- An understanding of sexual reproductive health
- Good knowledge of HIV/AIDS
- Willingness and ability to travel and work independently
- Accepts any other reasonable duties allocated by the site coordinator
- Willingness to work overtime, as required.
- Prior counselling experience in a clinical setting preferred
- Capacity to work under pressure and under the most minimal supervision
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Internet, and e-mail use
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others, including those from diverse cultural backgrounds
To apply please complete the application form available HERE. Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information via the application form. Please send your applications addressed to the “Project Director” USAID DISCOVER-Health Project, Stand 45/D/REM-3-A/377, Warthog Road, Kabulonga, and Lusaka, Zambia.
The closing date for receipt of submission of the applications is Friday 10th March, 2023 @17pm CAT.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
Relocation Incentive Disclaimer/Waiver
Please note that the relocation incentive does not apply to this position, therefore you shall NOT be eligible for a relocation allowance. In the event that you are the successful candidate and are appointed into the role, you shall be expected to meet all of the relocation costs associated with the assigned post. When the contract expires, the Company shall not repatriate you back to your place of recruitment.
JSI Research & Training Institute Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
JSI is a child-safe organization, and the safety and well-being of children is a priority of our organization. We have robust recruitment procedures to ensure that all staff are suited to work with the children served by our programs.