USAID Discover Health Project
JSI Research & Training Institute Limited
JSI in collaboration with The Palladium Group implements the five-year USAID DISCOVER-Health project to supports the Ministry of Health (MOH) in the provision of quality health services and products. The project’s aim is to improve the lives of Zambians by ensuring equitable access to and use of high-quality HIV, maternal new-born and child health (MNCH), family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) services and products at the district and community levels. The project utilizes and sustains a health model that maximizes the relative strengths of the public and private sectors to deliver health products and services that reach all beneficiaries and consumer markets.
Job Title: Accounts Assistant x 2
Reporting: Finance Manager
- Posting of all financial transactions as required and ensuring that all project incurred expenses are paid for timely.
- Custodian of USAID DISCOVER-H petty cash in line with all JSI policies and internal control including timely replenishment of the account.
- Maintaining of a cheque register for all cheque payments and ensure that photocopies of signed checks are made before releasing checks to the respective payees/vendors.
- To ensure that all payment vouchers in the e-filing records have all documentation attached and complete before being couriered to HQ on the 8th of every month.
- Act as a bank agent for USAID DISCOVER-H Including cash withdrawals, banking as per JSI policy, collection of periodic statements of accounts and all bank related correspondence.
- Provide day-to-day clerical assistance to the finance team, including managing the documentation and filing of all finance related files.
- Handling of both local and international courier of financial documents and preparation of complete field accounts packages to HQ.
- To follow up and reconcile hotel bills (Hotel Bill Analysis) for trainings, meetings and workshop venue payments for various program activities.
- Follow up outstanding or missing vouchers and supporting documents e.g. delivery notes, receipt and invoices with vendors both in Lusaka and other towns.
- To keep track/record of all used and unused receipts books, and Cheque Books over the period of the project.
- To keep track of all pending payments for vendors including all contractual obligations for services and goods.
- Responsible for receiving all cash retirements once the Accountant has reviewed and receipted all expense reports or once staff has been invoiced for personal bills.
- Responsible for photocopying, scanning of accounts vouchers including e-filing docs in one note.
- Perform- other duties as assigned by the Project Accountant or Finance Manager.
- Minimum diploma or degree in accounting and/or a recognized accounting qualification (minimum ZICA Tech, CAT, or part qualified ACCA or equivalent)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in financial management for international donor funded projects; preferably including experience with USAID-funded projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and perform to strict deadlines.
- First-hand experience of using accounting software and excellent computer skills (particularly MS Excel and Word) required.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork, writing and organizational skills.
Please send email applications to [email protected] indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications: Tuesday June 30th 2020.