USAID Discover Health Project
JSI Research & Training Institute Limited
USAID DISCOVER-Health project supports the Ministry of Health (MOH) in the provision of quality health services and products. The project’s aim is to improve the lives of Zambians by ensuring equitable access to and use of high-quality HIV, maternal new-born and child health (MNCH), family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) services and products at the district and community levels. The project utilizes and sustains a health model that maximizes the relative strengths of the public and private sectors to deliver health products and services that reach all beneficiaries and consumer markets.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (1)
Position Type: Full Time
Duty Station: Lusaka
Reporting Line: Administration Manager
Job Purpose: Performs administrative and office support activities for the head office.
- Providing Logistics/Administrative support for offices in within Lowlands region,booking of hotel venues, accommodation for meetings and workshops and prepare/organize meeting and workshop materials.
- Supervise Office Assistant at head office in maintaining accurate up-to-date stock records and implementing strict stock control system for all USAID DISCOVER-Health inventory including offices supplies, stationery & consumables and ensure that procurement requests for replenishment are made in a timely manner.
- Assist in obtaining quotations, compiling and analyzing cost information and data to assist in the selection of vendors including preferred vendors for stationary, supplies, outside services, and update information periodically.
- Assist the Procurement Officer in maintaining database of preferred hotels, lodges and venues obtaining feedback from project staff to keep information current and updated.
- Arrange and prepare documents and supervise the photocopying and printing of materials for the project as required
- Facilitate both local & international travel arrangements for USAID DISCOVER-Health staff as required
- Maintain and distribute up-to-date directory of USAID DISCOVER-Health staff and stakeholder contact information.
- Provide assistance with collection of invoices for onward processing of payments in line with the Administration Budget
- Assist with arranging transport for staff for project activities
- Manage the front desk and welcome all visitors to USAID DISCOVER-Health at head office;
- Provide logistical support and arrangements for meetings, including the setup of equipment;
- Assist technical support visitors to the project with office support facilities;
- Supervise Office Assistant with distribution of internal office documentation;
- Coordinate meetings
- Maintain a schedule of mail and documents
- Carry out any other administrative work assigned by the supervisor
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills, and must be able to gather and analyse information skillfully
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational skills and Supervisory skills.
- Skills in database management and record keeping
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and perform to strict deadlines.
- Exhibit friendly and helpful demeanour at all times given the high level of interaction with stakeholders and clients
- Full Grade 12 certificate
- Minimum Diploma in office management ,Public Administration, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum 3 years work Experience in similar office administrative position.
Your application should consist of a cover letter and a detailed CV, including full address and contact telephone number/s. Please indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter and also give names, addresses and contact telephone numbers of three referees. Please send e-mail applications, with the position you are applying for in the subject line, to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Closing date: Thursday, June 11th 2020