Lubambe Copper Mine
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 228 square kilometres.
Completed and commissioned in 2012, Lubambe is an underground operation supported by a shaft and decline access with a 2.5 million tonne per annum capacity ore concentrator. The mine’s current depth is 450meters producing a high-grade copper concentrate which is later sold to smelters on the Copperbelt.
The mine currently employs 1, 125 direct employees, a further 800 contractors. It places the highest priority on safety and is currently the safest mine in Zambia with a world class safety system.
Supporting local communities and suppliers is a key business focus of the mine.
EMR Capital owns an 80% controlling interest in Lubambe while ZCCM-IH owns 20%.
The Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following position:
VENTILATION OFFICER (X1)
This position reports to the Ventilation Engineer
Core purpose of the position
Plan and ensure implementation of long- and short-term efficient ventilation system at the mine to forestall safe environmental conditions in working places
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Provide adequate ventilation to places where persons are travelling and working above the minimum prescribed and negotiate best prices as appropriate.
- Carry out systematic sampling and auditing of ventilation systems to ensure compliance.
- Conduct all vent surveys professionally so as to ensure good environmental conditions
- Compile data from routine surveys for future planning purposes
- Advise officials on requirements of industrial and mine ventilation standards
- Prepares routine reports and prepares monthly and quarterly reports
- Liaise with Planners and Mine Officials on daily basis to keep up with the development in the sections and accompanies them as and when required
- Issue recommendations and deviation reports to operating officials to ensure compliance.
- Conduct costing and time analyses related to ventilation initiatives.
- Oversee the monitoring and maintenance of all air ventilation installations.
- To make available ventilation fans and accessories to facilitate the ventilation of development ends based on the plan
- Ensure adherence to mining regulations part 9.
- Ensures both air quality and quantity meet and/or exceeds regulatory requirements to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all mine production employees.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced/Diploma/Degree Mine Ventilation (Engineering)
- Must be a member EIZ and ERB
- Proficient use of VentSim computer software will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years ventilation engineering experience in an underground mine- A must
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player
- Stress and time management skills
- Superior technical and analytical skills with strong exposure to MS Office
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to [email protected]. The closing date for receipt of applications is 24th November 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.