Are you up for a challenge and looking to join a great place to work? We are looking for a Chief Commercial Officer to join our team. If you think that could be you, please read on.
Who are we?
VITALITE Zambia Limited is a Zambian registered company founded in 2013. VITALITE was created to increase rural electrification and combat the poverty tax affecting low-income, energy-poor households across Zambia.
Our mission is to make quality products and services accessible and affordable to all Zambian households. We pride ourselves on having been the first to pioneer a fully integrated pay-as-you-go (PAYGO) service in Zambia and aim to become the country’s leading rural service and distribution company.
According to an independent survey of our customers (run by impact reporting agency, 60 Decibels in March 2021), 88% find we’ve very much improved their quality of life.
What’s it like to work here?
We have built a vibrant and dynamic team in which all of us are treated fairly and given equal opportunity to progress;
We work in an emotionally safe environment within which we all have the opportunity to `fully express ourselves;
Everyone is encouraged to create a positive impact for themselves, their colleagues, and our customers by taking full accountability for what we do every day.
According to an independent survey (run by global gender advisory firm, Value for Women);
– 94% of team members feel respected by their colleagues
– 97% of team members like our mission and purpose
– 86% of team members believe men and women have equal career opportunities
– 94% of team members believe issues of sexual harassment are taken seriously here
– 89% of team members believe we encourage open and honest communications
What is the job about?
We are seeking a highly committed, dependable, and motivated individual to join our Commercial team. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Chief Commercial Officer is responsible for overseeing and managing all commercial aspects of our operations, focusing on the development and execution of strategies to drive revenue generation, business growth, and profitability. Key responsibilities include:
The Chief Commercial Officer will, among other duties, be expected to perform the following tasks:
– Managing and supporting all commercial line departments i.e Marketing, National Sales and Services, Portfolio Management, Product & Innovation, Customer Experience.
-Developing and coordinating the implementation of the commercial strategy.
– Managing commercial KPIs and performance, and developing interventions for improvement.
– Collaborating with various departments to align commercial objectives with overall business goals.
– Managing all sales channel performance and helping develop new sales channels.
– Overseeing pricing strategies and market research.
– Leading business development initiatives and seeking growth opportunities.
– Building and maintaining strong customer relationships.
– Creating a sales and commercially oriented culture within the organization.
– Ensuring robust after-sales processes for customer engagement.
To qualify for this role, you should have:
– A minimum bachelor’s degree; preference given to higher levels of education.
– A combined minimum of at least 8 years of relevant work experience.
– At least 5 years of management experience.
– Proven experience in delivering turnover growth and profitability.
– Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
– High energy, drive, and proactivity.
– Excellent interpersonal skills.
– Proficiency in Microsoft/Google Excel and data analysis.
– Excellent English communication; knowledge of local languages is a plus.
How to apply
If you are a dedicated, results-driven individual looking to make a significant impact in a dynamic and inclusive workplace, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your application, including a cover letter and CV, by 30th October 2023 to [email protected]
Female candidates are encouraged to apply