Are you up for a challenge and looking to join a great place to work? We are looking for a Graphic Designer to join our team. If you think that could be you, please read on.
Who are we?
VITALITE Zambia Limited is a Zambian registered company founded in 2013. VITALITE was created to increase rural electrification and combat the poverty tax affecting low-income, energy-poor households across Zambia.
Our mission is to make quality products and services accessible and affordable to all Zambian households. We pride ourselves on having been the first in Zambia to pioneer a fully integrated pay-as-you-go (PAYGO) service for Solar Home Systems and aim to become the country’s leading rural service
and distribution company.
According to an independent survey of our customers (run by impact reporting agency, 60 Decibels in March 2021), 88% find we’ve very much improved their quality of life.
What’s it like to work here?
- We have built a vibrant and dynamic team in which all of us are treated fairly and given equal opportunity to progress
- We work in an emotionally safe environment within which we all have the opportunity to fully express ourselves
- Everyone is encouraged to create positive impact for themselves, their colleagues and our customers by taking full accountability for what we do every day.
According to an independent survey (run by global gender advisory firm, Value for Women in February 2021):
– 94% of team members feel respected by their colleagues
– 97% of team members like our mission and purpose
– 86% of team members believe men and women have equal career opportunities
– 94% of team members believe issues of sexual harassment are taken seriously here
– 89% of team members believe we encourage open and honest communications
What is the job about?
The graphic designer will report to the Head of Marketing and Communications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing creative concepts
- Graphics and layouts including making decisions about fonts
- Capturing and editing images
- Converting written content into creative visuals
- Determining size and arrangements of copy and illustrative material
- Preparing rough drafts of marketing material based on agreed brief
- Grade 12 with excellent Mathematics and English
- Diploma in a related field
- 2+ years experience
- Experience with Typography
- Experience with Adobe’s Creative Apps
- Experience with Interactive Media
- Basic Coding
- Photography, Videography and photo editing skills
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
How to apply
Please email your up to date CV, copies of your Academic Qualifications, a portfolio of previous work done and 2 references from prior employers to [email protected]
Please also enclose an essay of no less than 300 words on the following: Our Organization has launched a new solar refrigerator. The target market is the rural peri-urban market. We would like to carryout a campaign to promote the product. Prepare a creative campaign plan.
Incomplete applications will be disqualified so please take care to ensure you’ve included everything.