Are you up for a challenge and looking to join a great place to work? We are looking for a Technical Assistant to join our team. If you think that could be you, please read on.
Who are we?
VITALITE Zambia Limited is a Zambian registered company founded in 2013. VITALITE was created to increase rural electrification and combat the poverty tax affecting low-income, energy-poor households across Zambia.
Our mission is to make quality products and services accessible and affordable to all Zambian households. We pride ourselves on having been the first to pioneer a fully integrated pay-as-you-go (PAYGO) service in Zambia and aim to become the country’s leading rural service and distribution company.
According to an independent survey of our customers (run by impact reporting agency, 60 Decibels in March 2021), 88% find we’ve very much improved their quality of life.
What’s it like to work here?
- We have built a vibrant and dynamic team in which all of us are treated fairly and given equal opportunity to progress
- We work in an emotionally safe environment within which we all have the opportunity to fully express ourselves
- Everyone is encouraged to create positive impact for themselves, their colleagues and our customers by taking full accountability for what we do every day
According to an independent survey (run by global gender advisory firm, Value for Women in February 2021):
- 94% of team members feel respected by their colleagues
- 97% of team members like our mission and purpose
- 86% of team members believe men and women have equal career opportunities
- 94% of team members believe issues of sexual harassment are taken seriously here
- 89% of team members believe we encourage open and honest communications
What is the job about?
We are looking for a highly committed, dependable and motivated individual to join our Operations team and provide technical assistance to customers, assist with fixing and troubleshooting of faulty products. This position will report to the Operations Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Assist the technical team with after sales services and offer technical support to the sales and field teams.
- Grade 12 with excellent Mathematics and English
- Craft Certificate in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- 2 to 4 years experience
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to use electronic instruments
- Ability to read and interpret electronic drawings
- Hands on electronic skills
- Good computer skills
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
How to apply
Please email your up to date CV, copies of your Academic Qualifications and 2 references from prior employers to [email protected]
Incomplete applications will be disqualified so please take care to ensure you’ve included everything.