Are you up for a challenge and looking to join a great place to work? We are looking for An Information Technology Representative (IT), to join our team. If you think that could be you, please read on.
Who are we?
VITALITE Zambia Limited is a Zambian registered company founded in 2013. VITALITE was created to increase rural electrification and combat the poverty tax affecting low-income, energy-poor households across Zambia.
Our mission is to make quality products and services accessible and affordable to all Zambian households. We pride ourselves on having been the first in Zambia to pioneer a fully integrated pay-as-you-go (PAYGO) service for Solar Home Systems and aim to become the country’s leading rural service and distribution company.
Our team of more than 147 employees and 650 community based agents is on a mission of positive change. We service over 50,000 customers and take pride in our positive impact on their lives and their environment.
According to an independent survey of our customers (run by impact reporting agency, 60 Decibels in March 2021), 88% find we’ve very much improved their quality of life.
What’s it like to work here?
– We have built a vibrant and dynamic team in which all of us are treated fairly and given equal opportunity to progress;
– We work in an emotionally safe environment within which we all have the opportunity to `fully express ourselves;
– Everyone is encouraged to create positive impact for themselves, their colleagues and our customers by taking full accountability for what we do every day.
– According to an independent survey (run by global gender advisory firm, Value for Women in February 2021):
– 94% of team members feel respected by their colleagues
– 97% of team members like our mission and purpose
– 86% of team members believe men and women have equal career opportunities
– 94% of team members believe issues of sexual harassment are taken seriously here
– 89% of team members believe we encourage open and honest communications
What is the job about?
We are looking for a highly committed, dependable and motivated individual to join our IT team. This position will report to the IT Manager. The primary focus of an IT Representative position is ensuring that a company’s employees can use software and hardware to complete their daily tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolving IT support requests from employees
- Answering employee questions regarding computer systems
- Managing usage of google workspace for emails and file storage
- Gathering and analyzing data to diagnose problems with computer systems
- Changing configurations, settings and permissions to fix computer issues
- Generating sign ins for new hires on all systems during the onboarding process
- Installing new software and hardware drivers and updating existing ones as needed
- Supporting the HQ and Customer Care office network
- Managing the shared resources such as Printers
- Updating employees on the status of their service requests
- Logging all service requests and updating tickets as needed
- Professional, Proactive and Productive attitude, whilst paying great attention to detail.
- At least a Diploma in Information Technology or in a related field.
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the IT Department of a reputable company.
- Ability to work effectively under minimum supervision.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills in order to maintain excellent relationships with internal and external customers.
- Should have a creative mind-set and be willing to learn.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and hands on experience in software and hardware troubleshooting, help desk support and data visualization tools will be an added advantage.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
How to apply
Please email your up to date CV, copies of your Academic Qualifications and 2 references from prior employers to [email protected].
A written essay with a minimum of 300 words on the following topic: Briefly outline how you would set up and run a mobile device management system at VITALITE Zambia for company owned inventory.”
Incomplete applications will be disqualified so please take care to ensure you’ve included everything.