John Snow, Inc.
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five year project which will be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates,mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position Title (s):
a. Senior VMMC Advisor (1 position)
b. Provincial VMMC Coordinators (2 positions)
Position Type: Full Time
Location: The Senior VMMC Advisor will be based in Lusaka while the Provincial Coordinators will be based in Kabwe and Ndola. (Kindly specify your choice in the application letter)
USAID/PEPFAR SAFE seeks the services of highly qualified, committed and passionate Zambian professionals who are willing to serve in the area of VMMC to fill the positions of Senior VMMC Advisor and Provincial VMMC Coordinators.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide technical guidance and coordination for expansion of VMMC programmes in designated project areas;
- Work with the project team to support integration of VMMC services into HIV prevention and other initiatives, as appropriate.
- Provide technical assistance and supportive supervision to providers;
- Promote quality assurance and monitor adherence to international and national VMMC guidelines;
- Facilitate linkages of VMMC services in the private/NGOs and public sectors.
- Contribute to regular programmatic, USAID and MOH reports and document programmatic lessons learned;
- Working with Ministry of Health, Provincial Health Office and District Health Office initiate sustainability of VMMC services;
- Any other duties assigned by the project.
Desirable Qualifications and Competencies:
- Clinical Officer with bachelor’s degree and MPH from an accredited University (for Senior technical Advisor), with at least 10 years of relevant professional experience working in the Zambian health system; Zambia;
- Familiar with the operations of the VMMC TWG and other stakeholders providing VMMC;
- Clinical Officer with a bachelor’s degree in health (for provincial coordinator) with at least 5 years of relevant experience of working in the Zambian health system;
- Technical expertise in VMMC service delivery as well as strong understanding of barriers and facilitators to acceptance of VMMC;
- Demonstrated experience related to capacity building of service providers and monitoring/supportive supervision of service delivery;
- Demonstrated ability to work with private sector and NGO health care providers, as well as collaborate closely with national and subnational government partners.
- Excellent written and spoken English is a must;
- Zambian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mode of Application:
Please send a written application either via email or through regular mail. Your application should consist of a cover letter and a detailed CV, including full addresses and contact telephone numbers. Please indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter and also give names, addresses and contact telephone numbers of three referees.
Closing Date: 18 October 2017
Please send email applications, with the position you are applying for in the subject line, to: [email protected]
Please send hardcopy applications, with the position clearly marked on the envelope to: The Human Resources Manager, USAID SAFE, 45/5B Incito Office Complex, Reedbuck Road, Kabulonga, P.O. Box 51185, Lusaka, Zambia.
Only applications with the position title and location (if applicable) in the email subject line or application envelope will be reviewed.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
John Snow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com