Lodge Job Opportunities
A Makeni based lodge is looking for energetic, service-oriented individuals to fill up the following vacancies:
1. Lodge Supervisor
who will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of our lodge to ensure guest expectations are exceeded and a consistently high standard of customer service and cleanliness is maintained.
The supervisor will have overall responsibility for staff members and will delegate tasks as necessary. He/She will also train the front desk staff in hotel protocols, guest registration, and other duties.
- Customer Service Skills
- Communication Skills
- Team Player
- Decision making skills
- Problem Solving
- Staff management experience
- Hospitality experience
- Computer skills
2. Front Desk Agent / Receptionist
Front Desk/receptionist whose responsibilities include registering guests, managing reservations and providing information about rooms, rates and amenities.
She/he will take all incoming calls, handling phone reservations, confirming previously-made reservations, give directions to the lodge and answer any questions customers have about the lodgings. When a guest’s stay is over, she/he will handle check-outs.
- Checking guests in and out
- Receiving and managing reservations made online and telephonically
- Verifying guests’ payment methods during check-in
- Assigning rooms to guests and informing them of any specials offered at the lodge
- Grade 12 certificate
- Previous hospitality experience would be advantageous
- Strong written and verbal qualifications
- Well-presented and professional appearance
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be willing to work flexible hours
- Computer literate
3. Bar tender / Bar man
The purpose of this position is to interact with the lodge guests and ensure they have a great experience at the bar.
He/she will be responsible to prepare and serve drinks to customers. able to mix and match ingredients in order to create classic and innovative drinks in accordance with customers’ needs and expectations. He/she should maintain positive guest interactions while accurately mixing and serving beverages to guests and servers in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Interact with customers, take orders for drinks and snacks.
- Plan and present bar menu.
- Serve snacks and drinks to the customer.
- Check identification of the guest to make sure they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol and tobacco products.
- Collecting money for drinks served and providing change as needed.
4. Waiter / Waitress
Greets customers and offers restaurant menus, answers questions about menu offerings, processes food and drink orders, carries food and drinks from kitchen to tables, and prepares bills and process payments
Waiter/Waitress responsibilities include:
- Providing excellent wait service to ensure satisfaction.
- Taking customer orders and delivering food and beverages.
- Making menu recommendations, answering questions and sharing additional information with restaurant patrons.
- Take customer orders and relay this to the kitchen.
- Listen to any complaints that patrons have and address them appropriately.
- Prepare bills and process payments.
Method of Application
Your application letter should specify your contact details including contact telephone numbers(s), CV(s) with 3 (three) traceable references.
Your application letters should be sent to:
Closing date: 8th January 2021
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org