Position: Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Reporting to: Technical Programme Manager – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and to the Associate Director- Progamme Effectiveness & Quality Assurance
Location: National Office, Lusaka
Purpose of Position
To provide leadership and guidance to the department in fund acquisition, utilization, implementation, learning, Design, Monitoring and Evaluation of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) programs, thereby enhancing the attainment of WVZ objectives.
Programme Design and Development
- Provide technical assistance to Area Programmes (APs) in the process of developing Annual Operation Plans (AOPs) for WASH, Project Proposals and other new funding initiatives for the APs and ensuring that these documents are in line with LEAP
- Ensure Area Programmes (APs) receive technical assistance in project/program cycle design and implementation according to LEAP standards.
- Lead the design and development of monitoring, evaluation and data collection tools for reporting, survey, analysis and assessments.
- Lead the process of programme database development and operationalization in partnership with all relevant stakeholders.
- Develop the quality control systems and mechanisms needed to guarantee proper management of information and data and identify areas of risk that might affect the program.
- Lead the development of data repository for the technical programme for better knowledge management and utilization.
- Lead, facilitate and participate in various workshops, including those related to M&E, and training activities with WVZL staff and implementing partners.
- Participate and capacity build staff and partners in spiritual nurture programmes like (Jesus Christ source of living water).
- Identify data reporting gaps and capacity building staff and stakeholders accordingly.
Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting
- Ensure the Technical Programme (TP) to setup a fully functional monitoring system (database) that will be used to plan and monitor the progress on all programme activities.
- All Monthly, Semi-annual and annual reports from APs implementing ZWASH Program are reviewed to ensure they are prepared using the standard formats and effectively communicate the ADPs’ contribution to the well-being of children
- Guide the preparation of WASH plans, reports, proposals and concept papers and review them for maximum compliance with the set standards and follow up its implementation.
- Facilitate ongoing learning on monitoring and evaluation for WV staff, and stakeholders.
- Consolidate TP related reports for WVZ and donors, including reports from partners.
- Support management and accountability through routine, accurate collection and reporting of information that confirms status of program activities based on log frames.
- Support the integration of gender and disability in monitoring progress in programme implementation of M&E activities, thereby ensuring that they align with field standards, are consistently and systematically tracked and reported in the programme areas.
Networking, Collaboration and Liaison
- Build relationships with community stakeholders, Donors, Government Line Ministries, and other stakeholders in M&E issues related to the technical programme.
- Ensure proper documentation of programme interventions including the use of a localized database for communicating, connecting and collaborating.
Research, Learning and Innovation
- Assist and support AP teams/Partners to conduct monthly review meetings to discuss performance against targets for all activities, explaining any performance variances, identifying and addressing implementation challenges, documenting lessons learned and most-significant success stories and, generating consensus on targets for the next month.
- Facilitate M&E related learning events for AP teams and other stakeholders.
- Ensure identification, analysis, documentation of evaluation, survey and assessment report.
- Present evaluation, survey, and assessment’s findings, and recommendations to implementing staff, partners and other stakeholders.
- Initiate and lead the development of terms of reference for case studies and surveys.
Professional Qualifications/Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Degree in Social Sciences i.e. Statistics, Economics, Demography, Mathematics or any related field.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Project Management would be an added advantage
- Atleast 3-5 years working experience in a complex environment.
- Proven experience in proposal development/writing and Resource Mobilization is added advantage
- Minimum 2 years of working experience on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programs
- Demonstrated experience in the field of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Education and multiple uses of water.
- Training or experience in conducting rapid rural appraisals.
- Good networking and collaboration skills
- Experience in a complex, international organisation preferably NGO context
- Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and report writing essential
- Must have excellent communications, interpersonal, analytical, decision making, conflict management, negotiation, networking, liaison and donor engagement skills
- Experience in conducting impact studies including tool design, data analysis, innovative reporting, and documenting of best practices for organizational learning
- Demonstrated expertise in successfully designing and carrying out complex quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation processes.
- Strong statistical skills including knowledge of microsoft applications and others such as Excel, EPI Info, CS Pro, STATA 11 and above, and SPSS
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and functional teams.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.
- Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Must be compassionate, passionate and committed to working with children and adult beneficiaries passion
Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Office-based 30%: field 70%
Travel: international as required.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.