Project Support Manager
Deadline: 19th January 2021
Interviews: Last week of January 2021
Salary: Market related with excellent benefits, including a transport allowance
Contract Duration: 3 years
It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
We started because no NGO like us existed. We’ll end when no organisation like us is needed. In the meantime, we’re making great progress – since 1981, we have reached 25 million people with clean water and, since 2004, 24 million people with sanitation across the various countries where we work.
WaterAid Zambia is recruiting key experts for an upcoming project entitled Resolution to Revolution: Creating a New Reality for WASH in Health Care Facilities in Zambia (R2R). The R2R project will be located in Southern Province (Monze and Kazungula districts) and Western province (Mwandi and Sesheke districts).The goal of the R2R project is to contribute to improved quality of healthcare, targeting maternal and child health services, and reduce hygiene-related diseases through improved access to WASH in healthcare facilities by 2023.The project will anchor its approaches on collaboration with government institutions, local partners, and community structures at all levels to deliver sustainable and inclusive WASH services in Health Care Facilities.
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
WaterAid Zambia is looking for a Project Support Manager to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone in Zambia by 2030.
The purpose of this job is:
- Providing WASH facilities in maternity annexes, delivery rooms, and sluice rooms; inclusive staff and patient toilets; shower rooms for patients; segregated inclusive outpatient toilets for males and females; as well as washing troughs, handwashing basins, and waste management facilities.
- Providing the full package of water, sanitation, hygiene, waste management and environmental cleaning, per Joint Monitoring Program (JMP) standards
- Installing inclusive menstrual hygiene management (MHM) facilities and piped water networks to provide drinking water to learners and supply to school ablution blocks; hygiene behaviour change; HRBA; sexual rights and human rights; as well as interventions focused on boys and young men.
- Mobilizing and empowering communities, particularly children, to demand their rights to WASH;
- Strengthening capacity of institutions mandated to provide WASH in schools and HCFs;
- Influencing and engaging the public around sustainable and inclusive WASH, building upon the Kutuba Campaign, a hygiene behaviour campaign designed to address underlying motives in a creative and scientific manner as a means of furthering sustained behaviour change
To be successful, you will need:
- A Degree in Development Studies from a recognized University, or professional qualifications in or other related discipline required
- A minimum of five years’ experience in programme planning, development and management at managerial level in WASH
- Experience in participatory monitoring and evaluation approaches and proven experience in water and sanitation work in the Zambian context.
- Experience in developing and managing projects, including staff, budgeting and budget management.
- Experience in implementation of integrated programmes and experience in leading development of models and approaches and packaging learning
- A clear understanding of WASH programming and policy contexts
- Experience of development and management of teams and partner organisations
- In-depth knowledge of participatory approaches, facilitation and training techniques.
- Ability to think strategically & translate development and fiscal plans
- Sound knowledge of hygiene promotion and sanitation issues.
Willing and able to travel, predominately to WaterAid and partner locations within the CP with some travel in and outside the region.
For a full job description, visit www.wateraid.org/jobs.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, send your application, consisting of a letter of interest and a CV, via email to [email protected] using “Project Support Manager” as the subject. Please provide details of at least three relevant references and clearly indicate details of your current remuneration package.
Please note: in order to apply for this role, you must demonstrate your eligibility to work in Zambia.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind.
The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunity, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.
No recruitment agencies please.