Terms of Reference
Development of We Effect Zambia Country Office Interim Strategy
We Effect is a development organisation founded in 1958 by the cooperative movement in Sweden. We Effect works in more than 20 countries in Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America and Africa, and collaborates mainly with member-based organisations consisting of women and men who live in poverty. We Effect works in the thematic fields of sustainable rural development and adequate housing. We Effect in Southern Africa is present in and implements country development programmes in Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
We Effect Zambia Country Office works mainly through local partner organisations. In addition to other requirements, partner organisations are expected to show commitment to work towards financial sustainability. This requires partner organisations to have a sustainability plan in place, including planning for the phase out of the project funding provided by We Effect.
We Effect seeks the services of a consultant to develop the ZCO strategy. The consultant will also be required to work with the staff and selected partner organisations to develop a 2–5 year rolling interim country strategy and plan.
The purpose of this assignment is to develop the interim strategy for ZCO for 2021 and beyond. The outcome of the assignment is to have developed the Zambia Country Office 2021 Interim Strategy and plan.
3. Scope of the Assignment
The consultant shall:
- Review the current regional interim strategy;
- Formulate, in consultation with the ZCO management team, a best fit actions for 2021 for the ZCO
- Align and adapt the actions to the regional interim strategy;
- Draft a 2-year strategy and plan for the ZCO with the engagement of the management team.
4. Deliverables and Outputs
- A detailed plan detailing the methodology and workplan for the execution of the assignment and expected outcome;
- Financial Sustainability Strategy Document for the Zambia Country Office
- A 2- 5 year country interim strategy Plan for the country office
- Proposed monitoring and evaluation framework for the interim strstegy
- Fnal report with the consultancy summary.
5. Timeframe and Payment
The assignment is expected to be completed within fifteen (15) working days from the date of signing of the contract by both parties, subject to adjustments as required and mutually agreed upon. The consultant, therefore, is required to prepare and submit work- and time plan that allows the achievement of all deliverables within the timeframe.
The payment shall be based on approved deliverables and invoices following a payment schedule to be agreed upon with the successful consultant.
The consultant’s work shall be supervised by the We Effect Zambia Country Representative. A task team consisting of We Effect team members will be set up to assist in the review of outputs as and when deemed necessary.
The assignment will commence with a briefing with the Country Representative with four days with the ZCO team in order to generate consensus which will be followed by a half day validation meeting with the team towards the end of the assignment to approve the strategy and end with a debriefing with the Country Representative
7. Criteria for Proposal Evaluation
The evaluation criteria are as follows:
- Core business of the firm or individual and years in business.
- Specific experience in successfully performing similar assignments on strategy development;
- Technical and managerial organization of the firm or individual (provide only the structure of the organization, general qualification and number and summary experience of key staff); and
- The financial proposal shall be evaluated according to the price structure and overall cost.
The technical and financial proposals should be submitted by email to: [email protected]
For enquiries or clarifications, please use the above email address.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.