Capacity development of We Effect Zambia Partner Organisations in Financial Sustainability
We Effect is a development organisation founded in 1958 by the cooperative movement in Sweden. We Effect works in more than 20 countries in Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America and Africa, and collaborates mainly with member-based organisations consisting of women and men who live in poverty. We Effect works in the thematic fields of sustainable rural development and adequate housing. In Southern Africa, We Effect is present in and implements country development programmes in Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
We Effect Zambia Country Office works mainly through local partner organisations. In addition to other requirements, partner organisations are expected to show commitment to work towards financial sustainability. This requires partner organisations to have a sustainability plan in place, including planning for the phase out of the project funding provided by We Effect.
With different partner organisations at varying levels of sustainability, and effort towards achieving financial sustainability, We Effect seeks the services of a consultant to train selected partner organisations in planning for financial sustainability. The consultant will also be required to work with each selected partner organisation to develop a 5-year rolling financial sustainability plan and strategy.
The purpose of this assignment is to build the capacity of We Effect partner organisations in financial sustainability. The outcome of the assignment is for each organisation to have developed and be working with a financial sustainability plan and strategy.
3. Scope of the Assignment
The consultant shall:
- Train 10 partner organisations in planning for financial sustainability;
- Formulate, in consultation with the partner organisation’s leadership team, a best fit financial strategy for each of the 10 partner organisations;
- Draft a 5-year Financial Sustainability Plan for each of the 10 partner organisations in conjunction with the organisation’s management/leadership team;
- Incorporate mitigation of risk areas identified in each organisation’s risk management plan.
4. Deliverables and Outputs
- An inception report detailing the methodology and workplan for the execution of the assignment, a proposed strategy outline, proposed template for the Financial Sustainability Plan, and the training outline and expected outcomes;
- 10 partner organisations trained in planning for financial sustainability (2 participants per organisation plus 2 participants from We Effect);
- Financial Sustainability Strategy Documents for 10 partner organisations;
- A 5-year rolling Financial Sustainability Plan for each of the 10 partner organisations; and,
- Brief final report with a consultancy summary.
5. Timeframe and Payment
The assignment is expected to be completed within twelve (12) weeks from the date of signing of the contract by both parties, subject to adjustments as required and mutually agreed upon. The consultant, therefore, is required to prepare and submit a work and time plan that allows the achievement of all deliverables within the timeframe.
The payment shall be based on approved deliverables and invoices following a payment schedule to be agreed upon with the successful consultant.
The consultant’s work shall be supervised by the We Effect Zambia Financial Controller. A task team consisting of We Effect team members will be set up to assist in the review of outputs as and when deemed necessary.
The assignment will commence with a briefing and end with a debriefing with the Financial Controller and Country Representative.
7. Criteria for Proposal Evaluation
The evaluation criteria are as follows:
- Core business of the firm and years in business.
- Specific experience in successfully performing similar assignments on Financial Sustainability training and development of Financial Sustainability Plans especially in the not for profit sector;
- Technical and managerial organisation of the firm (provide only the structure of the organization, general qualification and number and summary experience of key staff); and,
- The financial proposal shall be evaluated according to the price structure and overall cost.
The technical and financial proposals should be submitted by email to [email protected]
For enquiries or clarifications, please use the above email address.
Deadline for submission is 8 September 2020.