Chintumukulu Conservancy Financial Manager & Administrator – Muchinga Province, Zambia
WeForest is an international non-profit association headquartered in Belgium and with current projects in Brazil, Ethiopia, India, Tanzania, and Zambia. Its mission is to advance innovative, scalable and lasting solutions to restore forest and landscapes for the climate, the people and the planet.
WeForest aims to support the Mpumba Natural Resources Conservation Society (MNRCS) in preserving the fauna & flora of the Chintumukulu Conservancy (8,474 ha) and the establishment of a forest landscape corridor between the networks of Luangwa protected areas to the east and the Lavushi Manda National Park to the west.
We are therefore looking for a Financial Manager & Administrator to support the Project Manager located at the conservancy in the Muchinga province.
The main role is to handle the financial issues, human resources, and other administrative aspects of the new WeForest project in the Chintumukulu Conservancy.
2. Budgets & financial reporting
3. Prepare the documents and accounts for audits
4. Business cases for sponsors and grant proposals 5. Contribute to development of Finance & Administration best practices and ad-hoc remote support to HQ Finance Director Administration
6. Legal matters: partner contracts, registrations, compliance
7. HR: recruitment, employment contracts, monitoring leave
8. Provide guidance in issues relating to employee complaints and/or concerns
9. Provide guidance in dispute resolution and grievance procedures
10. Procurement (if any)
11. Provide support in socio-economic project assessments and development, such as business cases for livelihood investments
12. Prepare the Mpumba Natural Resources Conservation Society to take over the day by day management of the conservancy over time
13. Provide in the course of time training & handover to local Finance & Administration person to be recruited by the Mpumba Natural Resources Conservation Society
14. Assist in the preparation of communication materials
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate degree in accounting, human resources, administration or other relevant field
- Strong computer skills (especially excel spreadsheets, MS Word, PowerPoint)
- Accuracy with detail and numbers
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, and work independently
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information
- Customer service orientation and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to write in an organized, clear, and articulate manner in English
- Familiarity with national labour laws in Zambia preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and compellingly to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Results focused, works effectively both independently and within a team environment, as well as the ability to work well under pressure
- Commitment to WeForest’s mission and institutional values
Final candidate will be required to take an accounting test.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Contract type: renewable consultancy contract initially for 2 (two) years. Due to remoteness of the project, we are open to couples who can fill both advertised positions.
WeForest will not cover relocation costs
Position: Full-time consultancy contract, based in or nearby the Chintumukulu Conservancy, Lavushi-manda district, Muchinga Province, Zambia
Start date: ideally September 2020
Package: Competitive package for a small NGO, with remuneration based on experience
Please send applications in English to [email protected] with your CV, a motivation letter (1 page max including salary expectation) and the contact of 2 recent references by July, 25th, 2020. Make sure to mention the job title in the subject of the email, and to indicate where you saw the job post. Due to the anticipated high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by for interview. We thank you in advance for your interest.