Website WidEnergy Africa Ltd
ABOUT WIDENERGY AFRICA LTD: We are a social, for profit start up that focuses on last mile distribution of clean, affordable and reliable energy solutions. Since 2016, we have empowered over 20,000 Zambians with solar products especially with our recently launched Pay As You Go solar home systems in the market.
The Sales and Operations Manager owns the commercial strategy and planning, as well as related day-to-day management tasks, in coordination with the Chief Operations Officer and Chief Executive Officer to ensure consistent strategy and execution across the Company.
The Sales and Operations Manager’s key responsibility is the commercial success of the company, enabled by ensuring that all commercial activities align with set Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that are continuously monitored and evaluated. Commercial operations include the Sales department, Marketing, Distribution and Customer Care, as well as the associated departments and divisions at field and headquarters.
1. The development and improvement of policies and processes for commercial activities
2. Participation in and contribution to regular Management meetings for alignment with the Chief Operations Officer and Chief Operations Officer
3. Supervision of Commercial and Operations department staff
4. Approval of the Commercial and Operations department’s strategies and implementation plans
5. Regular monitoring and reporting performance to the Chief Operations Officer
6. Risk Management in alignment with the Chief Operations Officer
7. Budget planning and its presentation to the Chief Operations Officer and Chief Executive Officer
1. The development and adaption of commercial policies and processes, in alignment with company strategy
2. The development, alignment and implementation of the Commercial department’s strategies
3. Efficiency and continuous improvement in commercial activities
4. Regular sales forecasting, monitoring and analysis
5. Maximizing sales through existing sales channels and identifying new channels and business opportunities
6. Establishing a standardized national expansion and market penetration approach (horizontal and vertical).
7. Monitoring, coordinating, and supporting expansion efforts in existing zones, and conceptualizing and developing expansion plans for new zones
8. Market-related competitor analysis
9. Channeling of customer feedback to relevant HQ departments on a regular basis to enable improvements of WidEnergy’s products and services
10. Leveraging existing and building new relationships with key stakeholders in business, media and regulatory environment
11. Effective and continuous risk management for the Commercial departments
1. Relevant professional experience and academic background
2. Working experience in management teams of at least 10 employees with disciplinary and functional authority
3. High level of familiarity with sales, marketing and business development activities and strategies
4. Very strong communication and negotiation skills
5. International work experience is a strong asset
6. Business acumen and strong commercial vision
7. Very good organisational and interpersonal skills
8. Passion for the whole range of commercial activities
9. Fluency in English, with Bemba and Nyanja
10. Good software skills is an added advantage
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.