Website Wildlife and Environmental Conservation Society of Zambia
Protecting Nature is our Responsibility
The Wildlife and Environmental Conservation Society of Zambia (WECSZ) is a charitable, membership based and non-governmental organization dedicated to supporting and promoting the conservation of the environment and Zambia’s diverse natural resources. https://conservationzambia.org/
One of the Society’s major programmes is its Environmental Educational programme; the Chongololo & Chipembele outreach programme that is run in schools, communities and church groups. The Chongololo and Chipembele Clubs of Zambia (CCCCZ) are extra-curricular activities that are conducted by a group of young people with interest in environmental conservation.
The goal of this project is to virtually reach young people and the general public with conservation messages and lessons amidst the COVID-19 pandemic by December 2020. The expected results of this project includes 20,000 young people made aware of environmental and natural resource conservation and 500 members of the general public practising good environmental practices and adopting good environmental behaviours.
Objectives of this project include;
1. To reach out to young people and CCCCZ club members with conservation information and lessons on environmental problems of Zambia amidst the COVID-19 pandemic;
2. To reach out to the general public with information on how they can get engaged in practical conservation in the home set-up amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. Short-Term Contract Outcome: The shooting and editing of seven (7), five (5) – minute videos covering both in studio and outdoor environmental education themes.
3. Videographer Responsibilities:
- Review the video scripts and give guidance on the best way to capture scenes.
- Input stock sounds, effects and graphics as deemed necessary in the execution of the script.
- Consult with the focal person at WECSZ from the pre-production up to the post-production stages of the contract.
- Capture footage using a standard industry DSLR camera for high quality shots.
- Provide good lighting options for the varying scenes in the production process.
- Capture quality sound during the entire course of the production process.
4. Videographer Deliverables:
- Seven (7) videos from both in studio and field visits shot in high resolution (1080p) with excellent sound quality and adaptable to both digital television and YouTube formats.
- Delivery of the edited and finalised seven (7) videos within ten (10) days after the in studio and field visits.
Important Note: The video lighting quality should be of a professionally accepted standard.
The videos graphics and animations must match the following quality:
- Convertible Notes, Equity and Startup Funding Explained for a Sstartup company: https://youtu.be/njx09wXb9o0
5. Required Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years of experience in professional video shooting and editing.
- Proof of video editing experience through work done in the past.
- Good experience using digital editing software packages (e.g. Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Avid Media, Lightworks, After Effects)
- Familiarity with special effects and motion graphics.
- A creative mind and ability to suggest innovative approaches of capturing brilliant shots.
- Total number of working days: 12 days: 7 in studio days and 5 field visits in the period between 21st September and 21st October 2020.
- For the field visits, further guidance will be given in liaison with the Projects Officer at WECSZ
Area of Operation: WECSZ Office, Longacres, Lusaka with field visits around the City of Lusaka.
Please note that costs associated with travel for field visits within Lusaka must not be submitted in the bid proposal cost by the videographer. All travel costs during the production process will be covered by the WECSZ.
Payment will be made in two phases:
- 30% of total cost after the completion of the in studio and field visits shooting sessions.
- 70% after the successful delivery of all the completed material.
10. Application Requirements
Interested candidates must submit the following information:
- A Curriculum Vitae; a portfolio link with at least 3 video samples of past work done.
- Total professional fee with an itemized budget showing costs for all the inputs that will be required by the videographer to carry out and successfully complete the work required.
All information must be addressed to the National Coordinator -WECSZ submitted to the following email; [email protected]
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 1st September 2020.
Young female entrepreneurs and small local businesses are encouraged to apply.
The Wildlife and Environmental Conservation Society of Zambia is an equal employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, tribe, religion or gender. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.