Woodford School Lusaka
Woodford School Lusaka (WSLsk) is a beautiful purpose-built and
Woodford School Lusaka (WSLsk) is a beautiful purpose-built and co-education private school operating in Lusaka`s Kabulonga area. Our education service provides a 21st-century learning experience to learners starting from Nursery up to Grade 7.
As an equal opportunity employer, Woodford School Lusaka requires the services of a suitably qualified, well-motivated and results driven candidate to be appointed in the position of Primary Teacher.
The core purpose of this role is planning, organizing and implementing an appropriate instructional program in the Primary Section learning environment that guides and challenges students to acquire expected knowledge, skills and understanding to fulfill their potential in the 21st Century.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Taking responsibility for a primary class, supporting, nurturing and taking a genuine interest in the holistic development of all children in that class;
- Working closely with the Head Teacher and colleagues to ensure the effective teaching and learning;
- Planning and implementing a relevant, challenging and rigorous curriculum;
- Planning and delivering lessons, ensuring attention is given to appropriate differentiation;
- Contributing to collaborative learning at all levels of school life;
- Creating inquiry-based classrooms that develop critical thinking skills, knowledge and a range of skills within an environment based on trust, respect and fairness;
- Selecting relevant resources and leveraging digital tools to support and enhance learning;
- Develop appropriate assessment tasks, providing timely and effective feedback that enhances pupil’s learning;
- Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and colleagues in a professional manner;
- Provide appropriate pastoral support as and when necessary;
- Play an active role in the school’s extra-curricular programs.
- Any other assigned duties.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Full Grade 12 certificate with 5 Credits or better
- 2+ Years Experience at a reputable school
- Primary Teacher’s Diploma or better
- Registered and Licensed Member of the Teaching Council of Zambia
- A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent IT and interpersonal skills essential to work closely with students, colleagues and parents.
If you believe you meet these terms, forward your Cover Letter, CV, NRC, TCZ License and certified copies of professional qualifications to [email protected].
Please note that applications that will not be in conformity with the above specifications will not be considered.