Woodlands University College
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY- PRINCIPAL LECTURER
WOODLANDS UNIVERISTY COLLEGE IS A PRIVATE INSISTITUTION OF HIGER LEARNING, ACCREDITED AND REGISTERED WITH THE HIGER EDUCATION AUTHORITY (HEA), HEALTH PROFESSIONS COUNCIL OF ZAMBIA (HPCZ) AND THE NURSING AND MIDWIFERY COUNCIL OF ZAMBIA (NMCZ) AND HAS BEEN IN OPERATION SINCE 2022.
To be a University College of choice, nationwide renowned, providing state of the art programs, delivering ideal learning experiences for students and collaborating with professionals to advance wellbeing of individuals and populations.
To educate all students to the highest level of academic achievement to enable them to reach and expand their potential and to prepare them to become productive, responsible, ethical, creative and compassionate members of society.
Integrity: We value honesty, being whole and undivided in our dealings. The university pro-motes moral principles and we are committed to doing right things in reliable ways always.
Respect: We believe that human beings are equal participants in a common ethical world and we always endeavour to recognise that each individual is unique and different.
Accountability: We are open to evaluation on our performance which is related to our responsibilities.
Innovation: We are facilitators of transforming ideas into reality and turning new concepts into commercial success.
The Institution currently offers diploma in Registered Nursing, Diploma in Clinical Medicine General and Bachelors of Science in Public health.
THE INSITITUTION SEEKS TO EMPLOY A PRINCIPAL LECTURER – NURSING
CONTRACT TYPE : FULL-TIME
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and coordinate the training program
- Scrutinising applications, preparing merit list and calling them for interviews
- Conducting interviews through the set up committee and selecting candidates and informing them
- Planning for orientation program for new students and staff
- Distributing teaching work load and departments to each Lecturers along with teaching material
- Carry out correspondence with other departments, agencies and individuals in connection with the program
- Formulate teaching timetable and academic master plan
- Conduct lectures in appropriate courses
- Ensuring adequate supply of audio visual aids, teaching materials as required by the various subjects and departments
- Ensuring of adequate furniture, equipment, books and journals as per requirement of the offices and nursing department
- Preparing and presenting departmental proposals for new items, costly /capital equipment and requirements
- Authorising purchase of departmental requirements and financial expenditures
- Ensuring that departmental rules and guidelines of service are observed
- Writing annual performance reports of staff and students
- Carrying out staff and student appraisals annually
- Holding faculty meetings with staff and various committees
- Representing the university and the profession on various committees
- Working out the philosophy and the objective of the institution
- Grade twelve certificate with a minimum of five credits
- Bachelors of Science of Nursing
- Master’s degree in Nursing or any other related filled will be an added advantage.
- Five years’ experience as principal tutor/ lecturer or other related duties.
How to apply:
Apply by sending a cover letter and a CV to the Registrar via email to [email protected]
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
CLOSING DATE : 16/02/2024
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org