World Bank Group - Zambia Country Office
The Front Office of the Country Manager is a dynamic unit that requires professional excellence and a commitment to teamwork. As a central member of the Front Office Team, the Temp Program Assistant in the Country Manager’s Office will have the opportunity to contribute to the Bank’s core mission of poverty reduction and development in Zambia. S/he will work directly with other staff members in the office.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with clients on behalf of the Country Manager, serving as a first point of contact to Zambia office with an extensive network of contacts, both internal and external clients and officials, including coordination with Washington based staff and management; other country offices, and outside the World Bank Group, as needed.
- Manage the Country Manager’s schedule by effectively prioritizing and resolving related time conflicts and competing demands.
- Assist in the preparation of the daily meetings as needed to include briefing materials.
- Effectively provide general research support and utilize all relevant computer software to retrieve, maintain and manipulate data, as needed.
- Independently respond to diverse inquiries and make decisions when multiple courses of action are possible.
- Coordinate and monitor multiple and diverse work processes and activities to ensure that management decisions are properly carried out and products are delivered in a timely manner.
- Maintain effective operation of the Zambia Front Office, manage correspondence flow and SharePoint/Records management.
- Keep others informed by providing relevant information, reports or status updates.
- Draft/finalize correspondence on a range of topics on behalf of the Country Manager as required.
- Provide administrative support in preparation and during high level corporate engagements such as Spring and Annual meetings, official visits by Country Director and Senior Management ensuring that both Government and Bank teams are continuously updated on schedule and any changes.
- Act as Secretary to the staff meetings and follow up with staff on key actions.
- Assist in organizing the Country Manager’s travel.
- Support and work collaboratively with members of the CMU as well as with others in diverse work groups/teams/task forces, across HQ and Bank Group offices.
- Undertake ad-hoc duties as assigned by the Country Manager.
- Preferred education – University Degree with 5 years of experience. •Proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills in order to deal tactfully and effectively with internal/external contacts at all levels.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
Duration of Assignment
- Five months
Application Process and Deadline
Interested candidates should send their application and resume to [email protected], by July 22, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.