Website WORLD BICYCLE RELIEF
World Bicycle Relief (WBR) is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) that partners with people in rural communities to realize their goals by expanding opportunities to access education, markets, health facilities and vital services with the tool they need to thrive.
FIELD ENUMERATORS (10 POSITIONS) – Short Term Consultancy
WBR is partnering with the Government of the Republic of Zambia through Mumbwa District Commissioners Office to provide solutions to transportation challenges that are faced by rural communities. As part of this, WBR is embarking on a study to understand the living conditions of potential programme beneficiaries and the challenges they may be facing with travel within and outside their communities.
We are therefore inviting applications from interested individuals to participate in a Rapid assessment data collection exercise in Mumbwa District.
The enumerator will work with the WBR Monitoring and Evaluation Team. The position will support Rapid assessment field data collection including data entry and translation.
The specific responsibilities of the enumerator will be as follows:
- Data collection (Quantitative) by administering a structured questionnaire to children and adults who are on our programme.
Data cleaning and entry
- To review and enter the data collected.
- To ensure data entered is clean and accurate and make possible follow up on any inconsistency in the data collected.
- Completed Questionnaires
- The enumerator will be provided with a tablet phone for use during data collection and entry
- The enumerator will be based in Mumbwa district during the assessment period.
- The enumerator will work under the supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Team.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum diploma in social sciences/ health/ agriculture or any relevant field
- Knowledge of MS Excel and Office package
- Experience in data collection, transcription and translation.
- Experience conducting data entry
- Experience working on research projects, data collection including conducting in-depth interviews in Tonga
- Experience using mobile data collection with phone/tablets will be an added advantage
- Preference will be given to persons living within Mumbwa District.
The enumerators will be engaged from 21st November 2022 to 10th December 2022 and expected to work on scheduled days as shared by WBR Team. Prior to field activities, the enumerators will be expected to undergo a detailed enumerator training at a time to be advised.
How To Apply
Interested, qualified applicants are encouraged to submit (1) a cover letter clearly indicating language proficiency and availability, (2) Detailed CV including 3 referees (3) Copies of Certified Certificates and TPIN . The applications should be submitted to [email protected] and copied to cmaj[email protected] on or before the 19th November 2022.
Due to the large volume of applications that we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.