Website WORLD BICYCLE RELIEF
Internal Auditor (Zambia)
Established in 2005 and headquartered in Chicago, World Bicycle Relief (WBR) mobilizes people through the Power of Bicycles and envisions a world where distance is no longer a barrier to education, health services, and economic opportunity. WBR’s robust Buffalo Bicycles are a cost-effective and reliable means of overcoming the challenges posed by long distances and systemic mobility challenges in developing countries. The organization is a mission-driven, global nonprofit that manages a highly refined bicycle supply chain from design through final distribution. The position will fall under Buffalo Bicycles Mauritius.
Reports to the Risk and Compliance Consultant
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill in the above position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create audit updates, reports and executive summaries
- Plan, execute and document Financial & Internal Control, Program and Compliance audits
- Plan and execute reviews of shop operations including audit of the POS systems.
- Update and follow up on the country offices risk registers and follow up on the risk management measures.
- Review systems of internal controls to ensure they are functioning as planned and in accordance with sound managerial practices.
- Participate in formulating policies and procedures to improve internal controls
- Conduct investigations and follow up on any identified red flags through the fraud hotline
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Ongoing Professional Accounting certification (CPA, ACCA) training with a minimum of Part 2 qualification or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years working experience – 3 years of which must be in auditing.
- A valid driver’s license is a must
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- High level of professionalism and integrity
Travel Required: (60% travel required)
If you are interested, please send CVs and application letters clearly marked “Internal Auditor – Zambia” to [email protected] by no later than 17th January 2023. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.