The Bantwana Initiative of World Education seeks a candidate for the role of Education Consultant for an anticipated consultancy assignment under the Zambia Girls’ Education and Women’s Empowerment (GEWEL) project. The position will be based in Lusaka, Zambia. Reporting to the Team Leader, the Educationist will support the design and development of a case management system for the Keeping Girls in School initiative within the GEWEL project.
- Utilize technical expertise and familiarity of the education sector and landscape in Zambia to inform the development of the case management system for keeping girls in school;
- Provide leadership and direction in the development of procedures, standards, and policies as they relate to education for adolescent girls and young women in Zambia;
- Liaise with Government, client, development partners, schools and communities to assess needs and resource readiness of a case management system to keep girls in school;
- Conduct desk review of education policies, protocols, and frameworks to inform design of case management system;
- Support research, analysis, and design of a case management system that meets the Ministry of Education requirements and project needs;
- Engage closely with the education portfolio leader and leaders of the GEWEL project;
- Support the design and field testing of data collection tools for mapping exercise(s).
Qualifications, Experience and Key Competencies Required
- Advanced degree in Education or first degree plus minimum of 6 years relevant working experience;
- 5+ years’ senior-level experience in engaging stakeholders (e.g., government, donors, civil society);
- Proven ability to represent and influence policy direction and decisions at national level;
- Proven experience in the design, implementation and management of education programs;
- Experience in working with different stakeholders within Zambia’s education sector, preferably including experience in leading coordination efforts;
- Understanding of child protection principles and policies and case management systems;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and leadership.
To apply for this position, please send a CV and cover detailing your experience and interest in the position to Christina Stellini at [email protected] with the subject ‘YOUR LAST NAME_Zambia Education Consultant Application’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the deadline of December 17, 2018.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org