Position title: Initiative Design and Outreach Intern
Reports to: Country Director
Period: 6 Months
The World-wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is the world’s leading independent conservation organization with a global network in over 100 countries. Our mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which people live in harmony with nature. We have been working in Zambia since 1962 organizing our efforts across Freshwater, Wildlife, Forests and People.
WW Zambia has been working in the following landscapes, with targeted conservation interventions. These are the Zambian components of the Kavango-Zambezi Trans-frontier Conservation area (KAZA TFCA); the Upper Zambezi; and the Lower Kafue basin (including Kafue Flats), the Luangwa valley and Bangweulu wetlands ecosystems.
WWF Zambia has a total of 61 staff, with expertise and career levels ranging from Function Heads (at Senior Management Team and programme leadership team levels), professional and technical staff covering the various disciplines and programme area expertise; and operational support staff.
WWF Zambia Country Office now seeks to recruit a proficient and self-motivated individual for an internship position of Initiative Design and outreach to be based at the head office in Lusaka and support the Conservation and Partnership functions of the Country Office. The Internship Programme is designed for young graduates interested in building a career in conservation, allowing them to gain direct exposure and acquire practical, hands-on experience in the organization.
I. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts research and develops draft concept notes, proposals and budget as directed by Chief Operations Officer
- Prepare high quality presentations
- Assist prepare content for external engagements
- Organize and follow up internal and external meetings focused on initiatives
- Provides administrative support to the Chief Operations word processing, editing; distribution of information; organizing and taking minutes at meetings
- Tracks documents and tools, keeping any relevant databases up to date at all times.
- Fact check and Support with thorough quality reviewing and editing process of documents before sign off by the Chief Operations Officer and Country Director
- Supports with the drafting and compilation of articles, blogs and reports
- Performs applicable research at the supervisor’s request
- Undertakes duties to support the day to day efficient operation of the Conservation Executive team
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Operations Officer.
- Create and update contact database of strategic partners and donors
- University Degree in Business Management, Environment/Natural Resource Management or related discipline;
- Master’s degree preferred but not compulsory
Required Skills and Competencies
- Attention to detail and commitment to producing high quality work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Demonstrates high levels of confidentiality;
- Excellent planning and organising skills;
- Ability to prioritise work schedules;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Adhere to WWF’s values: Courage, Collaboration, Respect and Integrity
This job description is in line with WWF’s values: Courage, Collaboration, Respect and Integrity.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
How to apply?
Applications must include a cover letter and CV with full contact details of three referees sent as one file with subject line “Initiative Design and Outreach Intern – Zambia”, to The People, Culture & Operations Manager – Zambia through [email protected] by end of day Tuesday 2nd August, 2022.