Website Xodus 31 Zambia Limited
The General Maintenance Worker will perform general maintenance and repairs for assigned equipment and facilities including plumbing, electrical, basic carpentry, heating and cooling, and other building systems.
- Inspects and identifies equipment or machines in need of repair.
- Troubleshoots issues to determine necessary repairs.
- Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
- Install appliances and equipment
- Plans repair work using buildings blueprints or equipment manual as needed.
- Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician. Examples may include repairing drywall, painting, and repairing doors and other building fixtures.
- Performs routine maintenance on building systems.
- Cleans and assists with upkeep of the facilities.
- Orders supplies and materials needed for repairs and maintenance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisors or senior managers.
- Knowledge of general carpentry, plumbing and electrical repair.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Education and Experience:
- Grade 12 certificate required.
- Certificate or trade certificate in electrical required
- Related experience in the manufacturing industry preferred.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Must be physically able to climb ladders, bend, or crawl into awkward spaces.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects up to 25 Kg at a time.