Website Yalelo Limited
Zambia's #1 Fish
The Laboratory Technician will provide all the required technical support to enable the laboratory to function effectively, and will receive sufficient authority from, and is accountable to the Laboratory Superintendent or appointed designate for the successful completion of assigned duties and responsibilities.
The right fit candidate will:
- Demonstrate and promote the company values and vision.
- Adhere to all health, safety, and environmental regulations relative to assigned work; and assist others in maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Reads, understands, and follows management system requirements as relevant to responsibilities, including but not limited to requirements found in the SOPs, Local Work Instructions and Methods which in turn ensures compliance with ISO/IEC 17025 requirements and relevant government regulatory.
- Assist with obtaining of samples, preparation of items, solutions, and reagents for testing.
- Performs lab analyses utilizing a variety of techniques and equipment.
- Complete laboratory testing on all incoming samples in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner; ensure sample turnaround time goals are met or exceeded.
- Preparation of laboratory cultures of microorganisms, identify cultures through microscopic examination and bacteriological tests.
- Cleaning and maintaining lab equipment, including recalibration of equipment.
- Ensure the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced and that everything is clearly and correctly labelled.
- Verify results and submit results to the appropriate personnel for transmission, in a timely manner.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with all company employees. Communicate orally and in writing to co-workers. This includes “intra” and “inter” departmental employees.
- Continually strive to improve the quality of work we provide through existing and new technologies.
- Identify non-conformances and out-of-specifications.
- Identify process difficulties and report these together with proposed solutions to supervisor.
- Maintains laboratory records and files.
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualification for Laboratory Technician
- Full Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with credit of better in English and Mathematics
- Advanced Certificate/Diploma in Science Laboratory Technology or a bachelor’s degree in microbiology or other relevant qualification
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience, preferably in the food industry and livestock industry
- Must have an good working knowledge of laboratory management practices.
- Relevant certification from recognised body- ZASLT/HPCZ
- Knowledge of HACCP /Food Safety Management System
- Ability to use laboratory equipment to perform analyses of different kinds of samples.
If this is you, send your application to the email address below before Friday 8th September 2023.
Note: Apply by attaching One Document which should have your cover letter, cv, relevant qualification, Grade 12, NRC, essential certificates, and any other qualifications that may be relevant to this role.