Website Yalelo Limited
Zambia's #1 Fish
Assistant Engineering Manager.
Yalelo is looking for a qualified results-driven and self-starter Assistant Engineering Manager to assist with managing a team of skilled Engineering and Maintenance staff and third-party suppliers, to ensure that machinery and equipment experience minimal downtime and capital projects being delivered are technically fit for purpose and meet the required quality standards.
The role is based in Siavonga and is open to Zambians Only.
The Right-Fit candidate will:
- Provide oversight on the development of comprehensive standard operating procedures, risk assessments, maintenance procedures and operational manuals and ensures these are implemented consistently across staff, subcontractors and subrecipients.
- Plans, Schedules, assigns and monitors work assignments for various engineering teams.
- Works with project and section engineers to review engineering plans for plant constructability
- Directly supervises Assets & Planning Specialist and Stores Clerks
- Works with management on all engineering related projects to ensure on time and cost-effective project execution.
- Ensures quality of engineering and design services and deliverables of both direct and subcontracted work complying with contract and government requirements and support the overall project schedule.
- Ensures preventive maintenance is carried out across all the departments and ensures adherence to CMMS job card system.
- Acts as Engineering Manager in the absence of the HOD.
- Utilizes proactive communication across teams on progress and any outstanding issues relating to engineering
- Attends and participates in all project key meetings organized by Production Director. Conduct technical coordination meetings with relevant parties.
- Reviews drawings, schedules, specifications, and permits to ensure compliance with project requirements.
The Assistant Engineering Manger Must have knowledge in:
- Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Civil and project management principles
- Fire & health & safety processes and procedures.
- Mechanical and/or electrical services.
- Employee training and coaching techniques
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) i.e., AutoCAD, SolidWorks
Minimum Qualification & Experience:
- 3-5 Years’ experience in Engineering leadership role in a manufacturing or food processing industry
- Or any related engineering projects as well as extensive experience in engineering management
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Member of the Engineering Council of Zambia
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from a reputable institution
- Master’s degree in engineering or related field preferred
- Certification in Project Management an added advantage
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate
This is a full-time position, and the successful candidate must be available to work weekdays and weekends including rotational shifts.
If this is YOU, Yalelo wants to hear from you today!!!
To apply for this job please, please send a cover letter, academic and professional certificates to Human Resources Business Partner – Production via email at [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com