Website Yalelo Limited
Zambia's #1 Fish
Yalelo Ltd is a fast-growing aquaculture business which farms Tilapia bream on Lake Kariba in Siavonga and distributes them to Lusaka and the rest of Zambia. The company’s fast growth and dynamic team contribute to a very exciting workplace. We are now seeking to employ local people to fill the positions of;
Feeder Supervisor (03)
To ensure that feeders feed fish properly according to response, in order to obtain a maximum growth rate and minimum FCR.
- Places accurate feed requests to be fed at the site daily and accurately compiles and submits the daily feeding record form.
- Ensures that floating mortalities are collected, counted, and taken to the harbour for disposal by the mortality collection team and ensures that non floating mortalities are counted and recorded.
- Monitoring of the nature, number and increases or decreases in mortalities on individual cages and report abnormalities immediately to the feeding superintendent.
- Ensures that feeders use correct feed type to feed fish.
- Trains feeders on the best feeding and fish handling techniques to limit fish stress and feed wastage.
- Assigns tasks and evaluates the performance of each feeder on site providing feedback on closed cage results to the team.
- Ensures that feeders feed fish properly to obtain a maximum growth rate and minimum FCR.
- Carries out daily checks on each cage and conducts weekly reviews of each unit’s feeding performance.
- Reports any issues experienced on a cage including damaged nets, cage tampering, damaged cages, mooring problems, net anchors missing, poor net shape, platform damage, missing ropes, pests, bird net damage, Centre buoy damage, mooring buoys damaged, etc. to the feeding Superintendent.
- Reports any arising issues about feeding including: sick fish, reduced feeding responses, drops in feeding, gasping fish, slow growth, faster growth, low fish number, fish outside of cage etc. to the feeding Superintendent.
- Responsible for coming up with solutions for problems encountered on site and conducting minor repair work including bird net repairs, rope splicing, pest control etc.
- Responsible for taking water quality parameters (DO and temperature) on cages with high biomass, abnormal feeding and fish behaviour and taking appropriate actions
- Ensures correct quantities of feed are fed and recorded on feeding documents.
- Reports any poor quality (floatability, high dust, pellet size, moulded feed) feed type to the feeding Superintendent and takes samples of the feed to the lab.
- Ensures feed is not wasted at any time.
- Ensures that empty sacks are well packed in rolls of 10, documented and transferred to the harbour daily with the number matching the number of full feed bags received for the day.
- Settles complaints, disputes and any misunderstandings that may arise at the site.
- Plans leave and off schedules of the team accordingly ensuring sufficient cover and that leave does not accumulate.
- Conducts daily toolbox safety talks with the feeding team.
- Ensures that Yalelo policies and procedures are always observed and adhered to by the team members.
- Takes part in company’s safe practices and be part of safety system.
Minimum Qualification & Experience:
- Full Grade 12 certificate with credit or better in English and Mathematics
- Minimum of Diploma in Fisheries Management or Fisheries Science
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar role
- Experience working on the Lake required.
All applications to be addressed to
The Human Resource Business Partner- Production,
Siavonga Production Site.
Note: Attach application letter, NRC and Grade 12 certificate, CV, All Essential Certificates and any other qualifications.
Interested candidates should bring their applications to Yalelo Limited to the email or send their applications to the email [email protected] or [email protected] before close of business on Wednesday 20th September 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.