Website Yalelo Limited
Zambia's #1 Fish
The Dive Team Lead will be part of our Siavonga Production team and will be responsible for supervising a team of divers to complete a number of scuba diving and free diving tasks which include performing inspections, repairs, and installations of underwater production installations (cages, mooring, anchors, nets).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily Diving Plan: Develop a comprehensive daily diving plan that outlines tasks, objectives, and priorities for the team. Collaborate with team members to ensure a well-structured and efficient workflow.
- Team Organization and Collaboration: Demonstrate strong organizational skills to efficiently assign roles and responsibilities within the team. Foster a team-player attitude to promote cooperation and teamwork.
- Inspection and Maintenance: Regularly inspect all diving equipment, including nets and vessels, and ensure timely repairs to maintain their effectiveness.
- Bottom Mortality Removal: Supervise the removal of bottom mortality from cages to maintain a healthy and sustainable aquatic environment.
- Health and Safety: Prioritize the health and safety of the team by conducting daily safety talks and enforcing adherence to safety protocols during diving operations.
- Daily Activity Reports: Document all daily activities, including diving progress, findings, challenges, and achievements. Prepare and submit detailed reports to higher authorities as required.
- Mooring Rope Inspection: Oversee the inspection of mooring ropes to ensure their integrity and reliability during diving operations.
- Training: Train new team members on dive Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and safety guidelines to ensure a skilled and competent team.
- Tree Cutting: Supervise tree cutting activities as part of the diving operations, ensuring compliance with safety standards and environmental regulations.
- Cage Net Maintenance: Ensure proper maintenance of cage nets to avoid damage and ensure the safety of aquatic life within the cages.
- Cage Sinkers Management: Oversee the attachment and removal of cage sinkers to the cage nets during scrapping operations, ensuring their proper usage.
- A diploma or degree in planning and management or any related field
- Willingness to undergo training as a diver (if not already trained) to actively participate in diving operations
- ability to spend long hour on water (6-10 hours per day)
- Proven experience in organizing and leading teams effectively.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making abilities to handle challenges during diving operations.
- Knowledge of diving equipment and safety procedures.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple responsibilities efficiently.
- Positive and proactive approach to promoting a safe and productive work environment
Note: Apply by attaching One Document which should have your cover letter, CV, Relevant Degree or Equivalent, Grade 12, NRC, Essential Certificates and any other qualifications