Website Yalelo Limited
Zambia's #1 Fish
Yalelo is looking for a switched-on and results-driven Human Resources Officer who will work alongside a team of Human Resources Officers responsible for ensuring that that the workforce is able to perform optimally, ensuring that there sufficient people are recruited, retained, trained and supported to fulfil the organization’s goals and commitments.
The role is based in Siavonga.
The Right-Fit Candidate will:
- Handle employee records, ensuring correct and complete data is stored on file (physical and electronic records).
- Complete monthly payroll inputs and payroll updates
- Recruit new employees, and making sure new recruits meet the minimum requirements of employment
- Inducting new employees and conducting training on company policies and procedures.
- Preparing contracts of employment for new employees.
- Resolve employee queries relating to Health & Safety, and welfare among other
- Handle disciplinary complaints
- Prepare and submit monthly HR reports that include, labour turnover, absenteeism, absentees, Sick Leave, Annual Leave, etc.
- Monitor employee attendance and performance
- Advising line managers and other employees on employment law and the employer’s own employment policies and procedures
- Assist with coordinating HR projects
- Perform all other HR generalist functions as assigned
The HRO Must be:
- Honesty and able to maintain confidentiality: Must always convey accurate data to management. Honesty is critical to help management problem solve any issues.
- A Multi-tasker: Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and follow procedures exactly, every time.
- An effective Communicator: Demonstrate effective communication and professionalism at all levels. Must be able to effectively communicate in English (both written and verbal).
- Able to work 48 hours a week with minimal supervision
Minimum Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Psychology, or other related field with a minimum of 1 year experience or Diploma in Human Resource Management with a minimum of 3 years’ experience as HR Generalist
- Refined knowledge of Zambian labour legislation and regulations
- Knowledge in implementation of best-practice HR policies and procedures
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Recruitment & Selection – interviewing skills
- Knowledge in HR Systems development and implementation
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office software
- Be able to work in a team.
- Be detail-oriented and meticulous.
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management (ZIHRM)
If this is you, please send a cover letter and CV to Human Resources Business Partner – Production via email at [email protected]