ZAMBART is a research-focused non-governmental organisation that conducts research on HIV and Tuberculosis to help control and mitigate the impact of the dual epidemic. ZAMBART staff form an interdisciplinary team with a range of expertise including epidemiology, clinical science, social science, laboratory, operations research, health systems and services research, health policy analysis, health economics, health communication research compliance and counselling.
To support our wide range of research activities, we are looking for candidates to fill the following position:
Study summary: Yathu Yathu (“for us by us”) is a cluster-randomised trial that will evaluate the impact of community-based, peer-led SRH services on knowledge of HIV status and coverage of key SRH services among AYP. The intervention, called Yathu Yathu (For us, by us), was designed with adolescents and young people in a formative research study in 2017/18.
Yathu Yathu Hub Supervisors (05 – Chipata and 05 – Kanyama)
Position summary: Reporting to the Intervention Coordinator, the primary role for Yathu Yathu Hub Supervisor is to ensure that intervention activities at the Yathu Yathu Hubs are conducted adequately, professionally, appropriately and smoothly. This will include regular supervision of Peer Support Workers (PSWs).
- Conduct HIV testing and counselling
- Assess eligibility and consent eligible adolescents to provide Yathu Yathu cards
- Review and discuss monthly reports of PSWs activities
- Monitor and ensure that information on STI/TB/HIV is correct and given to the participants
- Conduct quarterly assessment and monitoring of the quality of the counselling and testing services being provided to participants
- Help identify areas where a PSWs team may require supplementary training
- Provide counselling and referral on alcohol/substance use
- Be trained and licensed in HIV psychosocial counselling (including child, couple, family counselling), and testing as well as counselling supervision
- Trained in provision of adolescent health services
- Have experience in household counselling, home based care and community ART provision on the HPTN 071/PopART Trial
- Be computer literate
- Have demonstrated supervisory experience
How to apply
Only applicants who meet the criteria for the above position should submit their application letter and CV to The Human Resources Manager, Zambart Head Office, Ridgeway Campus P. O Box 50697 Lusaka or email the cover and CV only (without certificates) to [email protected], stating in the reference the position you are applying for
Closing Date: 18th April 2019, 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.