Website Yesbud University
School of excellence
For every educational institute, the assistant registrar responsibilities are more or less the same. An assistant registrar is a person who is involved with almost all the departments of the institute. Irrespective of the size of the institute and the number of people employed there, the assistant registrar provides support to most of the employees and departments.
An assistant registrar oversees the registration and admission department and ensures that all the records and documents are properly maintained. He/She resolves all the problems that the admissions staff and the students are facing with the procedure. He delegates specific tasks to the staff and ensures proper coordination with other departments. He/She may take final decisions regarding admissions if required.
Assistant registrar supervises the activities of the staff, recruits new staff, organizes and oversees orientation and training programs, etc. He/She sanctions leaves for the employees and arranges replacement staff so that the departmental tasks are executed properly. Implementation of new systems, policies and procedures for a particular department or for the whole institute takes place under the guidance of assistant registrar. The assistant registrar acts as a mediator between the institute and external agencies and publics. He/She provides the records of student admission and other details to the university.
The assistant registrar responsibilities have been categorized below for your information.
Student and Staff Recruitment
The assistant registrar plans, implements and directs recruitment activities for student and staff recruitment. He/She defines admission policies and guidelines.
The assistant registrar takes part in the recruitment of students and staff for the institute.
He prepares compiled reports of all the recruitment. This report is then sent to the university.
He helps the students and staff in the admission process and provides guidance to the new students.
Orientation and Training
The assistant registrar develops orientation and training programs for the new staff.
He supervises the training process and helps the staff to learn their responsibilities in the organization.
He also develops and conducts performance enhancement training sessions to help the current staff in learning new skills and increasing their productivity.
The assistant registrar of an institute has to monitor and report the performances and behavior of students and staff.
He may counsel the students and staff on the basis of their performance and suggest methods to enhance performance.
The assistant registrar calculates budgets for new initiatives of the institute.
He allocates funds for different tasks and ensures that unnecessary expenses are avoided.
As and when the registrar is absent, the assistant registrar handles all his responsibilities.
Assistant registrar responsibilities are to handle all the functions efficiently. He is accountable for numerous activities of the institute.
Skills of an Assistant Registrar
To work in the position of assistant registrar, you need more than just theoretical knowledge. This job calls for individuals with extraordinary skills in handling the admissions operations of an educational institute. You must know how to coordinate with the all the staff and departments and lead them in order to achieve the goals within the defined time limit. You must possess excellent technical, analytical, problem solving, communication, consultative and multitasking skills to be a successful assistant registrar. You also need to be stress resistant and flexible to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Master’s Degree in Higher Education Management.
- Five (5) years’ experience within a Registrar office to include Banner Student Information System 8.0 or greater and direct supervision of employees.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Degree Works, and ARGOS.
- Knowledge of FERPA and student privacy laws.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal to be able to communication effectively with Deans, Assistant Deans, Department Chairpersons, Faculty, Staff and Students regarding registrar policies and procedures.
Ability to maintain the utmost confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced office, ensuring timeframes and responsibilities are met.
- Exceptional follow-up and follow-through skills as well as ability to plan, organize and control large and small projects through to completion.
- Ability to analytically solve simple and complex problems and to quickly learn and assimilate new systems and information.
- Ability to manage work projects from start to finish and to work with minimum supervision, as well as to accept directions on given assignments.
Interested candidates should email their CVs and application letter to: [email protected] no later than 26th April, 2019. Your application letter should clearly state your gross salary expectation. Only successful candidates will be contacted.