Young Women's Christian Association
The Young Women’s Christian Association of Zambia ( YWCA ) is a Non-Governmental, non-profitable Organization dedicated to the promotion of Human Rights for the empowerment of the community especially women and children for a better society.
YWCA’s mission is to empower and protect women, youth and children through right based approaches and transformative leadership to attain a just society”.
YWCA envisions a safe and gender sensitive Zambia with equitable opportunities for Women, Youth and Children.
YWCA seeks to engage a Compliance Officer whose primary responsibility will be to ensure that the association is in compliance with its outside regulatory and legal requirements as well its internal policies and by- laws . His/ Her role will be critical to maintaining the high integrity and reputation of the organization as well as managing legal and financial risks.
1. Conduct risk assessments to identify potential areas of non-compliance in the organization.
2. Develop/update internal policies and oversee control systems to mitigate the risk of the association violation of legal guidelines and internal controls.
3. Developing strategies to avert revenue leakages arising from non-compliance.
4 Communicate the association’s key ethical and cultural principles and compliance regulations to members of staff.
5 Conduct regular training sessions for employees on compliance to communicate key regulatory changes and updates.
6 Monitor and review compliance procedures to identify possible areas where improvements could be made and implement initiatives to streamline operations.
7 Outline contingency plans that set guild guide lines on how to respond to a possible compliance breach.
8 Conduct regular audits in all departments to ensure credible
/acceptable financial documentation is in place
9 Outline displinary measures to be undertaken to avoid future occurrence in the event of a regulatory breach.
10 Submit reports to senior Management on a regular basis.
- Grade 12 certificate with 5 credits or better of which English and Mathematics are a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting / Full ACCA.
- Over 3 years’ experience in a compliance field.
- Certified Compliance Professional will be an added advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of the NGO sector regulations applicable to the organization.
- Excellent reporting and communication skills
- Child Safeguarding
The position will be expected to operate in accordance with the provided safeguarding policies and procedures and will also ensure that all vetting processes are undertaken before engagement.
Please note: The deadline for submission of application is on the 15th February 2024.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org