Young Women's Christian Association
POSITION: PROCUREMENT OFFICER -PART TIME
The Young Women’s Christian Association seeks a qualified and experienced candidate for the position of Procurement Officer. The Procurement officer shall further be responsible for sourcing and purchasing the materials, equipment, and services for the Association to function effectively. The Officer will manage the day-to-day procurement activities and ensure that services and goods procured are both cost efficient and of good quality.
Ensure that all Supply Chain activities in the Association and projects are managed in accordance with the timescales set and agreed systems, policies and procedures, to support our programmes to deliver outstanding results for women and children.
1 Review the Association’s existing Procurement Manual, develop the inventory management policy and make recommendations for improvement to the Finance Committee through the Finance Manager;
2 Prepare an implementation plan to operationalize the procurement manual, inventory management policy and procedures;
3 Orient National and regional staff on the Manual and on procurement standards and practices.
4 Undertake the necessary due diligence of vendors for compliance and categorize them in the system for proper tracking and identification;
5 Review and update the data base of suppliers;
6 Reviewing quotations, purchase orders and goods received notes to ensure that they are complete and accurate and conform to company policies and procedures
7 Negotiating prices on behalf of the Association with suppliers or contractors for services or products
8 Manage day to day procurement functions – placing inquiries orders, inspection of goods upon receipt;
9 Updating and maintenance of procurement records in liaison with the project administrative assistants
10 Maintain good relationships with vendors and suppliers.
11 Conducting analyses of purchasing patterns in order to develop new strategies to increase efficiency;
12 Put in place procurement committee in place, convene the procurement meetings;
13 Draft expression of interest adverts in accordance with the procurement standards;
14 Coordinate bids for large procurements such as machinery, land or building construction and/or vehicles and form a committee to review bids from vendors to determine whether they meet the requirements and ensure successful selection of deserving vendors or suppliers;
15 Prepare procurement reports in liaison with administrative staff about the bidding process and recommendations for decision making and approvals by relevant management staff, finance committee and/or board members;
16 Monitoring contractor performance to ensure that contractual obligations are being met as and when required;
17 Working in liaison with Administrative Assistants ensure procured items are distributed timely and accordingly.
18 Set a strong tone from the top that fraud is unacceptable.
19 Identify and recommend recognized systems and processes that can be utilized in the Association.
- Bachelor’s degree in procurement, supply chain management, business administration or any related field.
- Minimum qualification is Diploma in Procurement of Purchasing and Supply
- Advanced Certificate Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS).
- Degree in any related filed is Business added advantage
- 5 Years’ experience in procurement in a reputable organization
- Must be a fully paid-up member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply.
Core Capabilities and Skills:
- Have the ability to negotiate with vendors and supplier applying cost saving measures to free resources for administrative and project efficiency.
- Have good communication skills with ability to communicate both verbally and in written as well as interpersonal skills.
- Must be a critical thinker with the ability to analyze situations and being able to make decisions thereby ensuring that the products and services procured meet the needs of the Association.
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong procurement experience in some of our key categories (Construction, Goods, Education Supplies, Consultancy, Conference & meetings, Property, etc.).
- Ability to build and maintain strong business partnering with other functions – especially Programmes to improve and ensure smooth implementation of procurement and logistics activities.
- Must have strong organizational skills to keep track of all the information, create and maintain filing systems and other organizational tools that help with work efficiency.
- Must be detail-oriented to ensure the necessary steps in completing procurement processes.
Expected Behaviors or Values
- Uphold Christian Ethos
Position will from time to time be in contact with vulnerable women, children and young people either frequently or intensively therefore is expected to operate in accordance with the provided safeguarding policies and procedures. The Association will also ensure that all vetting processes are undertaken before staff is engaged.
YWCA MOTTO: By Love Save One Other!
Please note: the deadline for Submission of applications is on the 15th February 2024
All applications are to be submitted to email address: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org