Website Young Women's Christian Association of Zambia (YWCA)
Job Title – USAID-CHEKUP 1 Project Health Homes Parenting Programme facilitator.
Reporting to: USAID CHEKUP 1 DREAMS Site Coordinator.
Location: Lusaka, Matero Main x 1 Male
Reports to DREAMS Site Coordinator and working closely with Site Mobilization Officers, the Healthy Homes Parenting Facilitator is responsible for the implementation of the Health Homes Parenting activities in the implementation site.
- Collects demographic data and screen suitable participants for enrolment into the Parenting Program
- Facilitates waves of 14-week sessions using the evidence based Sinovuyo Parenting Program manual
- Achieve agreed upon quarterly and annual targets
- Conducts Pre-Program home visits and make up sessions to ensure high retention rates of participants
- Work closely with DREAMS Centre staff and volunteers to establish an effective referral system between the Parenting Program and other DREAMS interventions e.g. Faith Community Initiative
- Manages discussions on sensitive topics in an inclusive and non-judgmental manner
- Responds to questions and record feedback from participants. Refer participants to other services based on need
- Uses various tools (flip charts and Visual aids equipment) to effectively deliver high quality sessions
- Conducts role plays and encourage active participation for all participants
- Completes and reviews documentation on a routine basis
- Enters and verifies data to ensure data quality meets project standards at all time
- Writes and submit quality reports (Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and annual)
- Minimum of Diploma in Social, behavioral or health sciences with practical experience in facilitation of community-based projects
- Prior experience facilitating Youth and/or Family groups program
- Trained and certified to facilitate the SINOVUYO families programme for parents/caregiver and teens
- Prior experience and knowledge in early childhood development, child protection laws, child development and referral policies.
- Should be aged between 30 -45 years.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Strong communication skills
- Openness to feedback.
- Willing to work with families.
- Ability to write quality reflection report
- Fluency in the local language and English for day-to-day communication
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in high profile, fast-paces environment
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) technical issues effectively and persuasively
- Ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please email application letter and detailed CV with day-time telephone number(s) to: The Executive Director, P.O. Box 50015, Plot 7391, Nationalist Road, Lusaka. Email to: [email protected] by 13th January, 2023.