The Youth and Community Access Associate I will provide support for implementation and reporting of youth-friendly women’s reproductive health and rights services. The Associate will contribute to the planning, implementation, evaluation and documentation of youth and community programs. The role will ensures availability of low-literacy and visual communication materials, including interactive tools, to support community awareness and women’s knowledge about abortion. The Associate will Support the development and implementation of participatory monitoring and evaluating systems and processes for youth and community access work as well as develop and contribute to donor documents (proposals and reports), in collaboration with team members.
- Contributing to the design and implementation of youth and community focused programs that increase young people’s knowledge and access to sexual and reproductive health and rights including safe abortion and contraception
- Supporting youth-focused CBOs and sub-grantees to develop and execute work plans
- Co-facilitating capacity building of youth-focused community intermediaries and partner organizations
- Supporting content development and facilitation of Ipas programme and Health Systems trainings that focus on young women and the community.
- Contributing to development of youth-friendly information, educational and communication materials
- Supporting the country team to develop and write proposals, reports, and presentations, including information for donor documents
- Contributes to the development of the youth implementation framework for in-country programs and tracking
- Liasies with other technical advisors to ensure youth engagement in various activities (e.g. programmatic support) as well as integration of youth topics in training content.
- Contributes to the buildup of ASRH knowledge through program monitoring, evaluation, documentation and learning working in collaboration with the relevant technical units
- Updates all technical staff in ASRH
- Responsible for tracking results against benchmarks for the unit specific projects
- Contributing to management of youth and community access project budgets, including budget creation and revision, tracking and monitoring of expenditures, and review of budgets to ensure appropriate spending
- Developing materials to document results, lessons learned, and youth work to internal and external audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in a social science or public health field
- 3 – 4 years’ work experience implementing youth and community focused health interventions
- Previous experience with women’s sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Must be able to independently produce project work plans, timelines and budgets, as well as proposals and reports
- Must have prior work experience with youth or in communication and training
- Pro choice
- Ability to travel 25%
Commitment to Diversity
Ipas is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.