Website VSO Zambia
VSO is an International development organisation
To support the design and development of an Integrated Youth Empowerment Program in a Serenje whose main objective is to improved livelihoods, empowerment and overall living conditions of youth in Serenje and surrounding communities.
Assist existing and emerging Youth groups to design and develop business plans and budgets for profitable and sustainable projects of learning and profit making nature.
Support the youth groups in identifying key allies and champions in govt, private and civil society sectors that can support them, and facilitate spaces for dialogue, engagement and negotiation.
Essential requirements for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in a development related studies. Added education in projects management or entrepreneur development is desirable.
- A minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience managing development projects
- Experience of co-ordinating, planning and reporting systems, and experience of managing project budgets. Strong organisation and time management skills required.
- Good understanding of the challenges faced by young people across the world and linking it to the Zambia situation
- Experience of cross-cultural working and an understanding of issues of diversity.
How to apply:
To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Applications close on Friday 30th June 2017. Only short listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews, at which time full supporting documentation will be required.
VSO is an equal opportunity employer valuing inclusion and seeks to have a diverse workforce and therefore welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. Women are encouraged to apply.
Ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advert.