The Young Women’s Christian Association of Zambia is a Non-Governmental, non-profit Organization dedicated to the promotion of Human Rights for the empowerment of the community especially women and children for a better society.
YWCA’s mission is to empower and protect women, youth and children through right-based approaches and transformative leadership to attain a just society.
YWCA envisions a safe and gender-sensitive Zambia with equitable opportunities for Women, Youth, and Children.
Brief Project Background
The YWCA working in partnership with Oxfam GB will be implementing a project dubbed “Improving the Socio-Economic Status of Women, Youth and the Marginalized. This intervention will be implemented in selected wards of Mongu and Kaoma district in Western province and Namwala and Gwembe district in Southern province targeting a total of 10,000 direct beneficiaries and 100,000 indirect beneficiaries. The intervention will deliberately target vulnerable groups which include women, girls and persons with disabilities as these groups are usually the poorest in their communities, face numerous discriminations, and lack opportunities to better their situation. The programme will also work with men and boys, traditional leaders, local government structures and other stakeholders to tackle the prioritized socio-economic challenges in the target communities.
It is against this background, that Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA) is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the position of Project Officer to be stationed in Mongu.
YWCA seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the position of Project Officer to be based in Mongu. S/he will assist the Regional Coordinator in the project management of the Oxfam Project. S/he will also work closely with the programs and finance team for effective program coordination. This position will report to the Regional Coordinator.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Overall management and implementation of all project activities in the implementation districts, Mongu and Kaoma .
- Engagement and mobilization of beneficiaries.
- Conduct trainings for beneficiaries , traditional leaders and stakeholders
- Build and maintain stakeholder relationships to enhance project impact and outcomes.
- Produce and submit weekly/monthly project reports.
- Degree in development studies or other social sciences, a degree in Gender Studies will be desirable
- Practical experience in Gender, human rights and development contexts
- At least three (3) years of experience working in a related field
- Experience in working with CSOs/NGOs
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Silozi, and Nkoya languages
- Experience working for an international non-government organization is an advantage
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- A strong candidate able to meet planned objectives and targets
YWCA has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation, abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination. The Project Officer and his team will be expected to adhere to YWCA’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties.
SUBMISSIONS AND CLOSING DATE
The closing date for application is 8 8th November 2023