Zambeef Products PLC is the largest integrated cold chain food products and agribusiness company in Zambia and one of the largest in the Southern Africa region. It is involved in the primary production, processing, distribution and retailing of beef, chicken, pork, eggs, dairy, fish, flour, stock feed and day-old chicks throughout Zambia and the surrounding region.
LEGAL OFFICER – ZAMBEEF PRODUCTS PLC- HEAD OFFICE (1)
Zambeef Products PLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic candidate for the role outlined below. Women are therefore encouraged to apply. We invite applications for suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Legal Officer. The position reports to the Company Secretary and Group Head of Legal.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing legal advice and services to the business while ensuring legal compliance and proactively identifying legal risks and mitigation actions.
- Providing sound advice to different departments of the Company on Administrative, Contractual and general legal matters in accordance with existing laws
- Providing support in the drafting and implementation of company policies and procedures in accordance with the law.
- Providing legal support and technical advice in drafting, implementing, reviewing and amendments of Company Policies, Contracts, Memoranda of Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements and Consultancy Agreements.
- Manage all contracts and documents between the Company and third parties
- Manage all contracting processes
- Ensuring that copies of all key Group Contracts and secretarial contracts are well-managed and maintained
- Implement a plan for dissemination of legal awareness across the business
- Conducting training on major laws affecting the business.
- Conducting research, drafting Legal documents, interpreting laws, rules and regulations and monitoring changes in legislation
- Day-to-day contact person for all legal queries
- Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB) or equivalent legal qualification.
- At least three-year experience in both private legal practice.
- Admission to the Zambian Bar
- Advocate of the High Court of Zambia
- Member of the Law Association of Zambia
- Business and financial acumen;
- Skilled in: drafting; dispute management; partnering and relationship building; influencing; and negotiating
- High proficiency in MS Word and other Microsoft Office packages
The Required Attributes Include:
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High level of integrity
- Excellent reporting skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Presentation skills
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to submit their applications letters, with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates, and contact details of three (3) referees to:
THE GROUP HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCE
Zambeef Products PLC
P/B 17, Woodlands
Email: [email protected]
The closing date for receipt of applications is 14th November 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.