Zambeef Products Plc
Zambeef Products PLC is the largest integrated cold chain food products and Agribusiness Company in Zambia and one of the largest in the Southern Africa region. It is involved in the primary production, processing, distribution, and retailing of beef, chicken, pork, eggs, dairy, fish, flour, stock feed, and day-old chicks throughout Zambia and the surrounding region.
Zambeef Products PLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic candidate for the role outlined below. Women are therefore encouraged to apply.
The Required Skills for this Role Include:
- Maintaining electrical, mechanical control and plumbing systems by developing and monitoring of preventive maintenance programs.
- Keeping accurate records of all equipment indicating all repairs/breakdowns, and performed maintenance.
- Promoting work Health & Safety regulations among team members while performing duties.
- Providing technical support to reduce breakdowns so as to reduce costs and delay in operations.
- Controlling all procurement of raw materials including checking the goods received and their quality.
- Organizing the daily tasks for all supervisors & plan activities together.
- Assisting in the hiring process of all technical staff.
- Planning for succession in operational and technical positions.
- Planning and preparing trainings for staff.
- Do regular checks of the preventive maintenance schedule with the maintenance team.
- Responsible for maintenance of discipline in line with laid down procedure as outlined in the Disciplinary Code and Grievance Handling Procedure Handbook
- Responsible for ensuring all resources available in the Tannery including plant, building, machineries, water supply borehole, electric supply, ETP operation & inventory are maintained properly.
The Required Qualifications are:
- A full Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma or Degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Experience in the leather industry is an added advantage.
- Member of EIZ
The Required Attributes for this role include:
- Strong technical competence of hydraulics, mechanical, electrical or pneumatics.
- Ability to self-manage and manage staff.
- Ability to work in pressured and deadline driven environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to submit their application letters, with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates, and contact details of three (3) referees to:
THE HR OPERATIONS MANAGER
Zambeef Products PLC
P/B 17, Woodlands
Email: [email protected]
NB: Zambeef Products PLC values gender diversity in the recruitment process as we promote gender equality. Please reference the job title of the role you are applying for in your submission.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 9th February, 2024. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruitment@zambeef.co.zm