Zambeef Products Plc
Zambeef Products PLC is the largest integrated cold chain food products and agribusiness company in Zambia and one of the largest in the Southern Africa region. It is involved in the primary production, processing, distribution and retailing of beef, chicken, pork, eggs, dairy, fish, flour, stock feed and day-old chicks throughout Zambia and the surrounding region.
Zambeef Products PLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic candidate for the role outlined below. Women are therefore encouraged to apply.
The Required Skills for this Role Include:
- Planning and managing deliveries of Day-old chicks and ensure all paperwork is done correctly by the hatchery manager / Supervisor before starting the trip.
- Ensuring and verifying boxes of chicks before loading into the truck.
- Ensuring that chicks are delivered correctly to the customer and also to ensure the customer signs on the invoice as a proof of delivery.
- Ensuring that the vehicle is clean both interior and exterior.
- No illegal stoppage. Any stoppage should be immediately communicated to your supervisor / Manager, permission will be granted for very justifiable circumstances.
- Maintaining records of Routes and times in accordance with state and federal law, as well as company policy.
- Relaying customer feedback, including concerns, complaints, damaged deliveries, returns, and competitive knowledge whenever it is presented.
- Ensuring that the vehicle is always refuelled upon arrival from the deliveries.
- Ensuring that you do your Vehicle handover to the supervisor or Manager when arrival from the trip
- Ensuring that the rear doors are locked with padlocks before living the loading bay
- Ensuring that trucks are inspected, if any defect the truck has to be repaired for a safe operation.
- Assisting with loading and unloading of chicks.
The Required Qualifications are:
- Grade 9 or 12 certificate with at least five O levels
- Valid driving license C PSV or CE PSV
- Minimum 2 years work experience
- Defensive driving
- Mechanical knowledge/Auto electrical should be an added advantage
The Required Attributes Include:
- Mechanical knowledge
- Defensive driving skills.
- Able to interpret temperature reading
- Good understanding of Day-Old Chicks
- Communication Skills: able to communicate in efficient and clear manner
- Problem solving skills: able to resolve basic mechanical issues in case of in trip breakdown
- Decision making: ability to make decisions while on a trip
- Mentoring and coaching: mentoring and coaching new drivers
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to submit their applications letters, with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates, and contact details of three (3) referees to:
Note: Female candidates are first priority.
THE HR OPERATIONS MANAGER
Zambeef Products PLC
P/B 17, Woodlands
Email: [email protected]
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Zambeef Products PLC values gender diversity in the recruitment process as we promote gender equality.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 13th February, 2024. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruitment@zambeef.co.zm