ZAMBEEF PRODUCTS PLC
Zambeef Products PLC is the largest integrated cold chain food products and agribusiness company in Zambia and one of the largest in the Southern Africa region. It is involved in the primary production, processing, distribution, and retailing of beef, chicken, pork, eggs, dairy, fish, flour, stock feed, and day-old chicks throughout Zambia and the surrounding region.
DELIVERY VAN DRIVER – LUSAKA (X1)
The Required skills for the role are:
- Distributing products and other correspondence assigned to him/her to
- stakeholders so that information and other goods and services are provided in good time.
- Making deliveries to different locations of the city/town in good time in order to maintain the corporate image of the company.
- Taking full responsibility for the products in your custody from loading stations to delivery point.
- Taking full responsibility to ensure that invoices have the correct volume and items delivered.
- Informing supervisors of any problems immediately
- Making sure the vehicle is thoroughly examined in readiness for any assignments
- Maintaining vehicle cleanliness
- Planning routes before embarking on trips
- Being available for duty at all times
- Following laid down procedures and protocols as stated in the standard
- operating procedure for the various assignments he/she is given to execute the duties.
- Following procedure on vehicle maintenance and care, endeavor on a daily basis to check that the vehicle assigned to him/her is ready and able to embark on the assignment by carrying out a daily checklist for the vehicle
- Be present and witness all loading of products assigned for his /her delivery
- Adhering to fleet policy and observing Geotab rules
- Performing other related duties as required by supervisors
The required Qualifications are:
- Full grade 12 certificate
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in Transport & Logistics
- Valid driver’s license Class C
- Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of the Highway Code
- Familiar with Zambeef products and the food industry business.
- Understand the principles of effective customer service process
- In-depth understanding of logistical principles
- Must be able to speak and communicate in English
The required attributes are:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to submit their application letters, with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates, and contact details of three (3) referees to:
THE HR OPERATIONS MANAGER
Zambeef Products PLC
P/B 17, Woodlands
Email: [email protected]
NB. Zambeef Products PLC values gender diversity in the recruitment process as we promote gender equality. Women are therefore encouraged to apply.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 1st November 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.