Zambeef Products Plc
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Zambeef Products PLC (“Zambeef”) is the largest integrated cold chain food products and Agribusiness Company in Zambia and one of the largest in the Southern Africa; which gives our employees a sense of pride. Zambeef attaches great importance to the development and growth of its employees and values gender diversity and gender equality.
Zambeef Products PLC is looking to recruit a highly skilled and professional Chief Financial Officer to lead the financial strategy of the Company and to provide high quality leadership to the finance team.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate be responsible for:
- Driving the delivery of Zambeef’s Financial performance through the Budget and Forecasting process to ensure strategic alignment to business objectives.
- Delivering month-end results and analytical reporting with insights that can translate into action plans that deliver maximum value.
- Enforcing a strong governance and control framework with key stakeholders.
- Providing efficient and optimised financial services through a centralised service centre for payroll, procurement, accounts payable/receivable and reporting.
- Creating a customer centric, business partnering function able to challenge constructively, influence decision making, and ensure that objectives are met.
- Driving rigorous performance management, biased towards rewarding strong performance and compliance with critical behaviours, and including managing consequences where required.
- Developing a continuous improvement mindset within the finance function, continuously driving to improve processes and reduce the cost of finance.
- Building strong and deep core financial capability within the appropriate functions through mentoring, coaching training and appropriate recruitment.
- Driving synergies with the group, effectively partnering with Group counterparts to identify, share and embed opportunities for optimisation.
- Reporting on business performance and key adverse or positive developments to Executives and divisional and Functional Heads.
- Managing and coordinating sharing of identified best practices, frameworks and minimum standards within function through Head Office platform, and provide additional opportunities for problem identification and knowledge sharing.
- Overseeing effective talent and performance management within function.
- Ensuring enablers are in place to promote success (e.g. systems and processes).
- Identifying and monitoring KPIs to track performance and flag any issues.
- Promoting and adhering to Zambeef ’s procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
- People Management, accountable for performance management, formal informal development and succession planning.
This job is particularly suitable for candidates who meet the following requirements: –
- Full ACCA/ CIMA; MBA or additional relevant qualifications.
- Minimum 5- 10 years’ in a leadership role and finance management experience.
- 5+ years operational experience across various functions, direct operational experiencer advantageous.
- Proven track record of driving financial performance, enforcing strong governance and control frameworks, creating customer centric business partnering approach, and driving best practices.
- Strong and effective communication skills.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Interested persons should forward their applications, curriculum vitae and copies of their qualifications to the undersigned not later than Friday, 15th July, 2022.
The HR Executive
Zambeef Products Plc
Private Bag 17
Email address: [email protected]
(Only shortlisted candidates who meet the requirements will be communicated to). Zambeef Products PLC values gender diversity in the recruitment process as we promote gender equality, females are encouraged to apply.