Zambeef Products Plc
ZAMBEEF PRODUCTS PLC
Zambeef Products PLC (“Zambeef”) is the largest integrated cold chain food products and agribusiness company in Zambia and one of the largest in the Southern Africa; which gives our employees a sense of pride. Zambeef attaches great importance to the development of its employees. The Company offers opportunities for all to learn develop and grow, whilst offering challenging career opportunities for lateral or vertical advancement. We are therefore inviting applications to fill the following vacant position:
GROUP ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
The successful candidates will report to the GROUP HEAD OF TREASURY AND ADMINISTRATION:
Key Performance Areas:
- People management; resourcing the department and overseeing a staff compliment of 26 staff.
- Evaluate staff performance, including semi-annual performance reviews.
- Supervise Administration staff who oversee Administration requirements for the Group including but not limited to Leases for outlets, Utilities, Data and Voice, Fuel, Stationary, Groceries, Fleet admin, cleaning, Head Office Medical, routine banking for Finance, Archiving and gardening team.
- Directly; Management all motor & non-motor Insurance for the Group – liaising with brokers for policy renewals and managing payment plans; managing non-motor claims.
- Directly; Facilitating payments of key professional services billing
- Directly; Custodian of HO Petty Cash
- Directly; Administration of Senior Medical for the Group; managing renewals & conditions/deletions (with authorization)
- Plan and implement improvements within budget parameters agreed upon.
- Liaise with General Managers and respective Heads of Departments to ensure that customer requirements are clearly defined and agreed with regards to product cost, product quality and delivery times as a basis to negotiate the best possible terms for the Group.
- Oversee staff raising orders in evolution to ensure head office requirements for, segregation of duties with respect to system generated, orders are supported.
- Ensure compliance and corporate governance.
Minimise the Cost of Administration
- Evaluate the financial and business necessity viability of all areas of Administration and identify areas where costs can be saved.
- Proactively design and develop cost reduction interventions.
- Manage Staff leave in such a way that at the end of each calendar year staff don’t have more than five (5) leave days, pending.
- Ensure all leases for outlets are renewed three months prior to expiry and negotiated on best possible terms.
- Proactively engage service providers to ensure that claims don’t go stale and hence aren’t honoured.
- Evaluate quality of work done by external and internal Admin service providers.
- Compliance with Group Procurement policies and practices through collaboration with the Finance team and Procurement function, contributing to negotiation and supplier’s qualification.
- Support all divisions in administration planning and performing activities.
- Support divisions to evaluate outsourcing opportunities related to administrative activities, identifying potential suppliers and supporting contract negotiation (activities, service level, supply conditions).
- Ensuring that the financial aspects and impact of all contracts are clear to all parties involved as well the implications.
- Resolving and if unable to, timely escalating contractual and commercial problems.
- All service provider contract renewal dates vs actual renewals
- Lease renewal dates vs actual renewal dates
- Annual repayment plan for all negotiated administration service contracts
- Monthly update of all payment’s vs forecast plan to ensure no breaches of contract on payment plans
- Complete quarterly report of contract results and performance.
- Quarterly report on service provider engagements.
- Monthly fixed cost budget vs actuals reporting for the administration department
- Quarterly review and report on payroll for administration department
- Monthly fuel and talk time utilisation reporting
People and Leadership Accountabilities
- Manage and lead the Admin staff – i.e., ensure that they have set goals/KPIs, regular one-on-one engagements and feedback, performance reviews and documented development feedback sessions.
- Ensure that Administration department is adequately staffed with efficient, skilled and adaptable employees in conjunction with HR/Administration when interviewing, selecting and training employees
- Skills and knowledge sharing: Support and guides team members in compliance with Group processes; policies and procedures and with keeping abreast of latest trends, accounting; legislative and reporting requirements.
- Contribute to the development of a positive team culture.
- Embrace self-development and lifelong learning to stimulate continuous personal growth
- Implement staff disciplinary action were required
This job is particularly suitable for candidates who meet the following requirements: –
- Full Grade 12 certificate (with pass in 5 subjects)
- Degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- 3 years’ experience of managing people.
- Proven track record of negotiating best possible outcomes.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Interested persons should forward their applications, curriculum vitae and copies of their qualifications to the undersigned not later than Friday, 15th January, 2021.
The Group Head – Human Resources
Zambeef Products Plc
Private Bag 17
Email address: [email protected]
(Only shortlisted candidates who meet the requirements will be communicated to)