Zambia Centre for Communication Programs (ZCCP-Kwatu)
Non Governmental Organization
Zambia Centre for Communication Programmes (ZCCP) is a not-for-profit, locally based multi-media communications organization, which uses the power of the mass media (radio, TV, print and electronic media) and social mobilization to reach the Zambian population and to affect social and behaviour change. The organization uses a rigorous formative research process to generate appropriate edutainment content relevant to health and development priorities in Zambia.
Established in 2002, the core activities of ZCCP since then have taken place under the auspices of a Regional Health Communication Programme involving 9 country partners in southern Africa, which is co-coordinated by the Soul City Institute. To ensure that the developed materials and interventions are contextualized to local situations, ZCCP has developed Kwatu as a well-known health and development communication brand, which has been used to carry out all of ZCCP’s products. Overtime ZCCP has integrated other socio-health issues such as HIV/AIDS and Gender-based violence and campaign to end child marriages in Zambia.
ZCCP is implementing the Zambia Community HIV Prevention Project (ZCHPP) in Kabwe and Kapiri Mposhi districts in Central Province, Chipata district in Eastern Province and Mufulira district in Copperbelt. The ZCHPP project is funded by PEPFAR and USAID through PACT.
The goal of ZCHPP is to reduce new HIV infections in Zambia among Priority Populations [Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW), People Living With HIV (PLWH), Mobile workers, Discordant Couples and Non-Injectable Drug Users (NIDU)] by increasing adoption of high impact HIV services and protective behaviors among at-risk populations, using evidence-based and locally owned solutions.
ZCCP is therefore looking for suitably qualified individuals to fill up the following vacancy.
Job Title – Economic Strengthening Coordinator
- Plan and manage implementation of economic strengthening activities primarily in the DREAMS component of the project and, secondarily, in the Community HIV prevention component of the project
- Contribute to development and re-alignment of plans and budgets and ensure economic strengthening aligns with overall project objectives and operational guidelines
- Provide overall leadership in the implementation of the economic strengthening activity
- Coordinate day to day management and implementation of economic strengthening in DREAMS Centers and project sites
- Draft and review of program documents pertaining to economic strengthening implementation including progress reports, annual work plans, and programmatic phase-out
- Review monthly economic strengthening reports.
- Represent ZCCP ZCHPP in Partners’ events related to economic strengthening.
- Support ZCHPP initiatives to ensure timely reporting, monitoring and analysis of results against set targets, and use of data to adjust implementation strategies as necessary.
- Develop technical papers, presentations and reports to document economic strengthening implementation key achievements, best practices and lessons learned to share with management and relevant stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Development Studies/Administration, Community Development, Economics or any related field
- Knowledge and experience in community HIV/AIDS prevention and working with Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW)
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and manage a variety of activities concurrently
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in high profile, fast-paces environment
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) technical issues effectively and persuasively.
- Able to communicate effectively
- Ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
Candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply attaching an application letter and CV stating clearly position and location you are applying for. Send applications to the address below and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Executive Director
Zambia Centre for Communication Programmes
P.O Box 31469, Plot 18Matandani Road, Lusaka.
Email: [email protected]
Application deadline is Wednesday, 23rd September, 2020