Website Zambia Civic Education Association
CONSULTANCY OPPORTUNITY WITH ZAMBIA CIVIC EDUCATION ASSOCIATION (ZCEA)
Invitation For The Expression Of Interest From Suitably Qualified Consultants To Undertake Mid – Term Evaluation
Zambia Civic Education Association (ZCEA) is a non-governmental not for profit organisation that promotes and protects children’s rights through advocacy and civic education. ZCEA was established in September 1993 to contribute to the strengthening of the new multi-party democratic dispensation to which Zambia had reverted in November 1991. However, in 2002, ZCEA decided to focus on the promotion of children’s rights in line with the principles and standards of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) and the African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the Child (ACRWC) and other human rights instruments. Since then, ZCEA has been working not only to make children’s rights widely known to both children and adults but also to strengthen accountability for, and build consensus on children’s rights at family, schools, community, district, and national levels.
Currently, the ZCEA vision is Vision is a society in which people enjoy fundamental human rights, justice, and human dignity prevails.
Mission Statement: Promoting and protecting children’s rights through advocacy and civic education for children’s wellbeing.
Currently, with support from Kindernothilfe (KNH), ZCEA is implementing two 5 years projects; namely the Child-Friendly Citizens Legal Advice Desks Project (CFCAD) and the Child Rights Education Project (CRE) from June 2019 to December 2024.
The goal of the CRE Project is to contribute to all children to enjoy their rights to survival, development, protection, and participation in the target communities, while the goal of the CFCAD Project is to contribute to the attainment of a nation where children’s rights are promoted, respected and upheld by all.
2.0 Purpose of the Consultancy
The two projects are closing in December 2024, ZCEA, therefore, seeks the services of an independent consultant/firm to conduct Mid Term Evaluation for the period 19th June 2019 to 30th June 2022.
3.0 Expected Deliverables
- Inception Report
- Validation Report (Preliminary Findings)
- Draft Report
- Final Report
The consultant shall conduct the assignment within thirty (30) days period after signing the contract with ZCEA.
5.0 Required Qualifications
- A recognized university degree in Research, Demography, Education or related social science (master’ or Doctorate level is added advantage)
- Demonstrated experience in similar consultancies.
- Minimum 5 years experience in similar undertakings.
- Previous experience of working with children, using participatory child-friendly assessment/research/evaluation methodologies.
- Previous experience in engaging civil society organizations, national partners, and key government staff in the development and implementation of assessments/evaluations.
- Provide references of similar consultancy and proof of ability to deliver within the agreed-upon timeframes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Knowledge of Nyanja, Bemba, and Lenje in the team is essential.
6.0 Lines of Communication
The consultant will report directly to the Executive Director.
7.0 Requirements for Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Interested applicants should submit the following documents: –
- Letter for the expression of interest
- Technical and financial proposals
- CVs of the key technical person
- References indicating past experience (including scope and magnitude) in similar assignments should also be included.
8.0 Submission Details
The Subject of the email should read “CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR MID–TERM EVALUATION”.
Disclaimer ZCEA reserves the right to determine the short-listed applicants and the structure of the pocess. In that regard, only short-listed applicants will be responded to.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com