Website Zambia Health Education and Communication Trust
The Zambia Health Education and Communication Trust (ZHECT) is an indigenous Zambian Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), registered under the laws of Zambia and dedicated to providing high quality health services, social behaviour change interventions, research and capacity building for the improvement of the health status and general wellness of people in Zambia. ZHECT has accumulated a wealth of experience in providing Sexual Reproductive Health and HIV prevention and mitigation services to organisations and community mainly in Zambia but also within Southern and East African Communities. ZHECT is therefore focused on HIV/AIDS/STI prevention, Sexual Reproductive Health, Gender Based Violence and Economic Empowerment among vulnerable and hard to reach communities.
ZHECT in conjunction with Pact is implementing the DREAMS Component of the USAID – Zambia Community HIV Prevention Project (USAID – ZCHPP).
The DREAMS initiative is aimed at supporting the Government of Zambia’s response to HIV by targeting to reduce new HIV infections through increasing adoption of High impact HIV services, and protective behaviors among at-risk populations.
To ensure smooth and effective implementation of the project, ZHECT is seeking applications from well qualified candidates, already stationed in the specified districts, for the following positions.:
DREAMS CENTER MANAGER X4 (MUFULIRA)
The DREAMS CENTER MANAGER will be responsible for the day to day running of the DREAMS Center. She will provide high quality services to Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) and their male sexual partners. She will supervise a team of DREAMS Connectors in their day to day operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day to day running of the DREAMS Center
- Provide high quality services to AGYW and their male sexual partners
- Refer and link AGYW and their male sexual partners to other clinical services
- Supervise a team of DREAMS Connectors in their day to day duties
- Maintain up to date records of AGYW reached
- Conduct monthly weekly planning and review meetings with Connectors and Mentors and provide onsite support
- Consolidate monthly performance data and report timely
- Mentor the DREAMS Connectors to better support the Safe Spaces Mentors
- Enter service provision project data into the Z-CHPP DHIS2 database
- Work with the catchment Health facility to ensure continuous supply of commodities and ease linkage processes.
- Work with the Community HIV component of the USAID Zambia Community HIV Prevention Project, to ensure the sexual partners to the AGYW are reached with High Impact Health services.
- Work with the DREAMS Officer and Connectors to ensure the implementation and tracking of Economic Strengthening Activities targeting AGYW
Required Qualification and Experience:
- Must be aged between 30 and 40 years
- Must be a female
- Must have an advanced certificate or diploma in a health-related field
- Must be a certified psycho social counsellor
- Must be able to provide HTS as per national guidelines
- Must have be computer literate and have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages
- Experience working with AGYW and/or HIV prevention is an added advantage
- Must have past experience working with adolescents and young women (HIV prevention and service provision)
Required Attributes and Competences:
- Empathetic, devoted and respectful individual with good interpersonal communication, team building, and writing skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email application, CV, and supporting academic qualifications to: [email protected] or send to The Human Resources Manager, Zambia Health Education and Communications Trust, Plot No. 1551, Church Road, Fair View area, Post Net no. 221, P/B E835, Lusaka – Clearly indicate the position applied for. Closing Date: 20th September, 2020.
Only applicants, who meet the requirements of the listed vacancies will be contacted.