Website ZAMBIA INSTITUTE FOR POLICY ANALYSIS AND RESEARCH
The Zambia Institute for Policy Analysis and Research (ZIPAR) is a semi-autonomous Think-Tank whose mandate is to conduct research and analysis in the area of policy formulation, implementation and monitoring. The Institute provides evidence-based policy advice to the Government, the private sector, civil society and other stakeholders in Zambia. It also promotes policy dialogue between Government and a wide range of stakeholders, facilitating an inclusive process in the planning and management of economic affairs. ZIPAR also promotes economic literacy, encouraging increased stakeholder participation in national policy dialogue and debate on economic topics of wide public interest.
We therefore, invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for position of:
The Driver is responsible for the safe movement of passengers and cargo. The officer is also responsible for safeguarding vehicles as well as ensuring vehicle maintenance is carried out.
The Driver reports to the Head Driver.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure vehicles are checked for road worthiness regularly and are properly licensed on time and all the time.
- Carry out engine checks daily to ensure optimum levels of fuel and lubricants.
- Ensure vehicles are subjected to routine preventive maintenance to avoid motor vehicle breakdowns by reporting when repairs or service is due.
- Regular check of tyre pressures to avoid unnecessary wear of tyres.
- Compliance with road speed limits and road signage at all times.
- Ensure passengers and goods are safely delivered to their destinations.
- Be courteous at all times.
- Maintain vehicle log book daily by noting date, destination, departure and arrival times and submit reports to management.
- Provide off-hours transport support, including weekend pickup and drop-off of Staff and Consultants as needed.
- Always keep ZIPAR vehicles clean.
- Dress smartly and be of a sober disposition.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent.
- Must be a holder of a valid driving licence.
- Should have experience driving dignitaries.
- Basic knowledge in vehicle mechanics.
- At least five years of driving experience.
- Ability to drive long distances in both paved and gravel roads.
- Team player.
The Executive Director
Zambia Institute for Policy Analysis and Research
P.O. Box 50782
Central Statistical Office Annex Building,
Corner of John Mbita and Nationalist Road,
Email: [email protected]
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 28th August, 2020