Website ZAMBIA INSTITUTE FOR POLICY ANALYSIS AND RESEARCH
A high calibre Human Resources Generalist to develop and maintain a high performance, productive and responsive work force through the application of sound human resource management and employee relations principles. The Officer’s responsibilities include recruitment and selection, training and development, remuneration, performance and talent management, industrial relations and record keeping.
The Human Resources Officer reports to the Finance and Administration Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
To provide an effective guidance in the interpretation of labour laws, industrial relations, conditions of service, human resources policies, rules and regulations and to act as the primary contact person for staff matters in the Institute.
1. Manage the development, revision and implementation of human resources policies, processes and procedures to ensure compliance with Zambian Laws.
2. Manage staff recruitment and selection in consultation with line managers to ensure that human capacity requirements are properly addressed.
3.To plan, coordinate and facilitate the orientation programmes for new staff.
4. To examine and recommend capacity building and training and development programs for the Institute’s employees.
5. Administer and coordinate the performance management system for the Institute.
6. Manage the Institute’s talent management and succession planning systems and processes.
7. Manage the Institute’s Employee Health and Wellness program.
8. Manage employee termination related formalities.
9 Facilitate an efficient and effective implementation of the Institute’s Grievance, Capability and Disciplinary Code.
10. Process all types of leave of absence in accordance with employee terms and conditions of service.
11. Employee data management – sort, keep and file all employee data including personal information, contracts and performance records to ensure the accuracy and authenticity of the personal files.
12. Compile and prepare reports and documents pertaining to staff matters.
13. To carry out other lawful duties incidental to the above as may be assigned from time to time.
Education, Experience and Licensing Requirements
1. Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent.
2. Degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration or equivalent.
3. Registered and paid up member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources and Management (ZIHRM).
4. At least 5 years’ work experience in Human Resources.
5. Experience in Performance-Based Remuneration Systems an added advantage.
6. Computer literate (minimum of Microsoft Office).
7. Knowledge of Human Resource packages a plus.
Skills and Competencies
1. Excellent understanding of Zambian Labour Laws.
2. Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities.
3. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude.
5. Detail oriented, self-motivated and ability to work under pressure.
6. Strong ethics and reliability.
7. Team player.
The Executive Director
Zambia Institute for Policy Analysis and Research
P.O. Box 50782
Central Statistical Office Annex Building,
Corner of John Mbita and Nationalist Road,
Email: [email protected]
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 28th August, 2020